PDA

View Full Version : Long lost hobby

Former Glory
05-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Been a long time since I've visited, hope everyone is well! Just doing a massive tidy up and a mountain of housework :eek: when I found this pastel that I must have done about 15 or so years ago when there was more time to have a hobby. Shall I bin it? Seems like it was from a different lifetime now!

craftdancer
05-05-2012, 06:59 PM
Shall I bin it? Seems like it was from a different lifetime now!

Good Heavens! No, definitely not. It's lovely and someone will certainly appreciate it.

Linda

Critchley
05-05-2012, 07:34 PM
Thats lovely. I am sure you will settle to doing more sometime. Never throw anything away just in case. I'm always telling myself that and have ended up with shed loads of stuff. lol.

bodrighy
05-05-2012, 08:05 PM
If you like we will look after it for you Kim until you decide what to do with it LOL. I am sure I can find a piece of wall to hang it on. Pete

Former Glory
05-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Good Heavens! No, definitely not. It's lovely and someone will certainly appreciate it.

Linda

You're so sweet thank you! Perhaps I could frame it and take it to a show based on your confidence.

Thats lovely. I am sure you will settle to doing more sometime. Never throw anything away just in case. I'm always telling myself that and have ended up with shed loads of stuff. lol.

Thanks Carol good advice, but we've run out of sheds now, we've got to be brutal!

If you like we will look after it for you Kim until you decide what to do with it LOL. I am sure I can find a piece of wall to hang it on. Pete

You are a star Pete! If you want it, it's yours. xx

I wish I did have the time to paint again but somehow I don't think I will. I used to sell them, mainly lamp black watercolours of dancers, a long time ago, too long to contemplate now!

MornieG Jewellery
05-05-2012, 10:19 PM
You can't get rid of that Kim, it's lovely.

We have ( maybe had ) a pair of swans on the lake here. They made a nest and laid their eggs but one seems to be missing this last week or so :-(( No evidence of a preditor although the only realistic one would probably have two legs and leave no trace. Hope not as they have tried for the last two years to raise a family and have lost their cygnets both times to natural preditors, unnatural ones like mink and the wier. They still try but it now looks as if one of the parents is missing.

Mo.XX

Former Glory
05-05-2012, 10:46 PM
You can't get rid of that Kim, it's lovely.

We have ( maybe had ) a pair of swans on the lake here. They made a nest and laid their eggs but one seems to be missing this last week or so :-(( No evidence of a preditor although the only realistic one would probably have two legs and leave no trace. Hope not as they have tried for the last two years to raise a family and have lost their cygnets both times to natural preditors, unnatural ones like mink and the wier. They still try but it now looks as if one of the parents is missing.

Mo.XX

Thanks Mo for your encouragement. The story about the pair of swans is so sad, hopefully the missing partner will come back, they mate for life don't they? I'm persuading myself that no human would "interfere". x

MornieG Jewellery
05-05-2012, 10:54 PM
Thanks Mo for your encouragement. The story about the pair of swans is so sad, hopefully the missing partner will come back, they mate for life don't they? I'm persuading myself that no human would "interfere". x

Yes they do, it's rather sad and we are hoping that he/she is still about somewhere but we can see the nest from the other side of the lake. We do unfortunately have a few 'undesireables' about the area recently but fingers crossed we are wrong and the wanderer will return.

Mo.XX

satalitegirl
06-05-2012, 12:40 PM
that is amazing, I wish I was that talented

Former Glory
07-05-2012, 12:47 PM
that is amazing, I wish I was that talented

Thank you satalitegirl, I'm not talented at all, wish I was!

satalitegirl
07-05-2012, 01:31 PM
You definitely are. I could never do anything like that, cutting, sticking, inking and tearing are about my limits.

bodrighy
07-05-2012, 03:00 PM

If you have no talent Kim there is no hope for the rest of us.

bodrighy
07-05-2012, 03:19 PM

removed10
07-05-2012, 03:54 PM
Kim, it's beautiful. Some day it will end up in a museum!

Indivijewelistic
07-05-2012, 05:38 PM
I think its beautiful, it has a calm tranquility about it - please don't bin it - ebay it and let us know its on there.

beadsbydesign
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
I am very envious, try as I may, I can never get water to look like water unless it's crashing waves.

Former Glory
08-05-2012, 11:38 AM

You are sooo lovely and brimming over with talent sir!

Kim, it's beautiful. Some day it will end up in a museum!

Thank you Susan, I wish my work was museum quality x

I think its beautiful, it has a calm tranquility about it - please don't bin it - ebay it and let us know its on there.
No I won't bin it now, I'm so flattered that you like it. I'm going to frame it and take it to the next exhibition we're doing, Dorset Art Weeks and see what happens.....x

I am very envious, try as I may, I can never get water to look like water unless it's crashing waves.

I can't do crashing waves, they're much harder to get right!!!

I worked it out, I did this in 1990, so a bit longer ago than I realised. Where does all the time go eh?

MornieG Jewellery
08-05-2012, 07:18 PM
When / Where is the exhibition Kim ? I'm sure you will get lots of favourable comments.

Mo.XX

MornieG Jewellery
08-05-2012, 07:33 PM
Swan undate....our swan hasn't returned and the one that is left, we think it's the cob, spends all day looking for his mate, displaying his wings trying to attract her back, it's sooooooo sad. There were two largish indentations near the nest but not one feather or sign of a struggle you would get if she was taken by another animal, which is doubtful anyway other than maybe a large otter. It does look like it was a two legged preditor. They have been on the lake as a couple for 18 years.......................

Mo.XX

Oakdale Studios
08-05-2012, 08:45 PM
Been a long time since I've visited, hope everyone is well! Just doing a massive tidy up and a mountain of housework :eek: when I found this pastel that I must have done about 15 or so years ago when there was more time to have a hobby. Shall I bin it? Seems like it was from a different lifetime now!

I really don't know what you should do with it but please don't put it in the bin.
It has a lovely "feel" to it and everything seems to be "just right".....Hmmmmmm........15yrs you say?..................then it's about time you did some more!

Vik

Former Glory
09-05-2012, 01:31 PM
When / Where is the exhibition Kim ? I'm sure you will get lots of favourable comments.

Mo.XX

We're doing Dorset Art Weeks, (open studios 26th May - 10th June http://www.dorsetartweeks.co.uk/) so will be parking the horsebox in a local garden centre and working there each weekend. Come if you can, I'll organise some grub!

Swan undate....our swan hasn't returned and the one that is left, we think it's the cob, spends all day looking for his mate, displaying his wings trying to attract her back, it's sooooooo sad. There were two largish indentations near the nest but not one feather or sign of a struggle you would get if she was taken by another animal, which is doubtful anyway other than maybe a large otter. It does look like it was a two legged preditor. They have been on the lake as a couple for 18 years.......................

Mo.XX

So sad, such meaningless violence. All we can hope is that what goes around comes around and bites whoever did it in the bum! x

I really don't know what you should do with it but please don't put it in the bin.
It has a lovely "feel" to it and everything seems to be "just right".....Hmmmmmm........15yrs you say?..................then it's about time you did some more!

Vik

Thanks for the lovely comments Vik! When I thought about it I realised I must have done this in 1990, so 22 years ago, (I'm THAT old!) I used to really enjoy painting, but I did it mostly for "me" as a hobby rather than to sell. Perhaps I will pick up the brushes again one day, but no time just now sadly.

Former Glory
16-05-2012, 07:30 PM
I've found another one! I thought I'd only kept one of my dancer paintings but then I found this one!

http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5231/7210533032_9fda0289ed.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/former_glory/7210533032/)