PDA

View Full Version : Fabric Paint

Vixen
28-04-2012, 11:30 PM
Hi Guys.
Can anyone recommend good fabric paints for a reasonable price?
Tried fabric painting once and would like to give it a go, revamp some clothes lol.
Thanks

knittingnana
29-04-2012, 01:34 AM
What are you painting?

I have done a bit of silk painting and used Jacquard Acid Dyes. They come in both powder and liquid form, but I found the liquid easier to use. Darmha Trading http://www.dharmatrading.com/ have a great selection of different dyes and fabric paints, and also a videa library on using them. Well worth the look.

Mythillogical
29-04-2012, 07:55 AM
If it's just ordinary cotton etc you want to paint the Dylon ones are pretty good, but they're not cheap. Pebeo ones are good too but they're even more expensive. I recently bought a HobbyCraft set which were very cheap, but the colour is nowhere near as vibrant and opaque as the two more expensive brands- just looks very wishy washy.

Vixen
29-04-2012, 08:44 PM
Thanks for the info guys.
Atm its just something I would like to try out. Probably start with cotton and so maybe just get the hobbycraft set that was mentioned until I get to grips with painting on fabric, do you think thats a good idea?
Will note the other names and sites down for future.

CountryLoveCrafts
30-04-2012, 10:57 PM
There is a fabic paint called SoSoft. It requires no heat fixing and no adhesion medium. It has excellent durability for machine washing.

I met a lady last year who had painted a denim shirt 10 years ago and she machine washes it frequently. I also spoke to a lady at a company called BAGMEBEAUTIFUL last week - she thinks they are amazing ... I think her work is amazing ... actually I am going to start a post to raise awareness for her amazing painting talent. She has a website if you want to see more.

Vixen
01-05-2012, 03:05 PM
Just had a look at the bagmebeautiful site. Wow, those are amazing.
Thanks for pointing that site out and the name of some fabric paints.

CountryLoveCrafts
03-05-2012, 12:00 AM
You're welcome. Good luck with your projects.