PDA

View Full Version : Grandaughter's Bedroom Door Plaque

Pauline@weddingtreasures
10-09-2007, 02:17 PM
Made this for my grandaughters bedroom door - finished it off with a pink and white gingham ribbon and forgot to take a picture of it before I gave it to her yesterday - daft or what!! LOL

Its about 11 inches in length and I made it from a new ultra light fimo - also using this material to make my christmas tree ornaments as they wont bend the branches!

Pauline :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Treasuredrocks/DSCF0752.jpg

caketopper
10-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Thats really pretty, good job :)

Sommerwood
10-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Ooo thats pretty!! I remember doing a house sign for my ex-boyfriends parents out of fimo and varnishing it, would have been over 12 years ago, and drove past there the other day and they still have it up outside!!!

You should try selling them, I do really well with my name plaques. Especially as you can do little people etc so can offer a personalised service too, oh gawd, nothing like encouraging the competition hey!!!:o

Pauline@weddingtreasures
10-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Lol Jo...I'm not in competition with you! Your work is lovely and I don't do wood!

I have been told that I should put them on my webpage or EBay and see if there is any market for it. I may do, not sure yet!

Great to know that your sign you made all that time ago is still there!! Can I be cheeky and ask what type of sealer you used? I know in american they recommend a furniture polish but can't get it over here!

Main thing is that Eleanor loved it.

Pauline :D

Sommerwood
10-09-2007, 06:45 PM
LOL. Defo try them out on E-Bay as anything personnalised for children seems to do well as long as it is reasonably priced.

If I remember properly I think it was a fimo varnish that I used to use?!:confused: Was 12 years ago mind and memory is getting on a bit!!;)

Tip Top
10-09-2007, 08:12 PM
That is really pretty!

Oh, I bought 2 blocks of fimo on Friday, both brown colour - one pale brown as I'm going to attempt to make some tiny little wooden spoons to add to some Christmas cards (sorry for the C swear word!) and some to make some chocolates. Obviously not real ones but they are to go with the liquorish allsorts I made last weekend......

Pics to follow if they are any good and I don't blow up the house...:D

mrs_crochet
11-09-2007, 12:04 AM
Thats really pretty,will done

Funkyhand
11-09-2007, 09:59 AM
I best she loved it, it's great!
Anice xx :):)