PDA

View Full Version : Doing my spreadsheet - Paypal question

blackwillow
05-03-2012, 03:51 PM
Hi all, just a quick question about Paypal as I've looked everywhere for the answer and it's not jumping out at me.

I'm pretty sure that I used to be able to see all of my transactions via Paypal in GBP, even if the transaction had been in USD (or whatever). If it had been in USD then I would see the dollar cost, plus I would see it converted into pounds.

Now all I see are USD transactions and GBP transactions.

Is there something I should be clicking to make my life a whole heap easier, or do I have to continue to do a manual conversion for each USD amount? (and I hope all of that made sense!)

Deb

jencel
05-03-2012, 05:19 PM
I've just had a look on my account, and all I can see is Currency Conversion, but I think it just shows which transactions are in $ or . It doesn't seem to do the conversion. Sorry I can't help more. They often change things in Paypal. Maybe their help section would give you the answer? Think they have a live help too.

blackwillow
05-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Thanks Celia, their help section was no use at all :rolleyes:

I'm sure they have changed it, in fact they must have changed it at least 3 years ago, it's just that I was thinking about it today whilst filling out my spreadsheet and tbh I was a bit bored so I popped over here :)

Thanks for answering though x

snowgoose
05-03-2012, 09:08 PM
if you view all transactions and at the top right of the transaction box, there's a "view in" with a choice of currencies.

blackwillow
05-03-2012, 09:24 PM
if you view all transactions and at the top right of the transaction box, there's a "view in" with a choice of currencies.

I KNEW it had to be somewhere in front of me, sometimes I can't see the wood for the trees! Thank you! :)

Except - I just tried it out and what happens is the results are filtered, not converted - so you get to see the transactions in the currency you have chosen, not all transactions converted to the currency of your choice. Never mind!

Trysordy Crafts
05-03-2012, 11:25 PM
you can set your payment settings to only recieve GBP

Therefore any US dollar orders are automatically converted into GBP and viewable on their spreadsheet as so.

Is this what you are looking for?

If so just let me know and will send u instructions on how to set this up

blackwillow
13-03-2012, 03:44 PM
Thanks for that, I'll take a look and see if I can sort it out for myself - if I come unstuck I'll certainly ask for your help :)

blackwillow
13-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Just done it, thank you!