PDA

View Full Version : My latests wedding cake toppers

Pauline@weddingtreasures
30-08-2007, 01:01 PM
Now that the summer rush is over <phew>........I can find time to catch up on a lot of things - hopefully get to know some of you on here which would be nice!

Just wanted to show you some of what has been keeping be pretty busy these last few months!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Treasuredrocks/Wedding%20Treasures/DSCF0602.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Treasuredrocks/Wedding%20Treasures/louiseandmark.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v395/Treasuredrocks/DSCF0695.jpg

hope thats not too many pictures in one post! dont want to get into trouble!

Pauline :b:

candles by lisa
30-08-2007, 01:05 PM
Hi Pauline,

They are excellent, reminds me a bit of Campbellwick Green - Really great - you are really talented.

Cheers.

Lisa

:D

icecreamgirl
30-08-2007, 02:08 PM
They are great..
Do you make them to look like the 'actual' bride and groom?
Do they send you a photo, or do they just give you a rough 'blonde long hair' kind of thing?
Just curious, i do like them they are very different, better than the things you buy from the cake shops!!
My wedding cake had a pair of walking boots made out of icing on the top Haha, we got wed in the lake district!

Tip Top
30-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Fantastic!!!
I wish I knew you 7 years ago!!;)

Very Trumpton / Camblewick Green / Chigley !!! (Re runs on Nick Jnr at night - fab!):D

Oh, and your question the other day about me making things in fimo - well, you've got me really thinking and, I just might have a dabble this weekend!! :mf:

Pauline@weddingtreasures
30-08-2007, 03:00 PM
They are made from photographs sent to me of the outfits, hairstyle, flowers, jewerly etc etc, so they are very personalised to each couple.

They also send me photographs of themselves as this helps me with their build, height and colouring.

Never thought of them looking like Campbellwick Green models..lol - looking back at the family one though, they do look like that now!

I try to not have all the faces the same as I don't want them to look like the same 'people' but different clothes.........if you know what I mean.

thanks for compliments though :), and yes, do have a dabble! it's surprising what you can do once you try.

Pauline :)

deezkatz
31-08-2007, 06:41 AM
They are lovely Pauline, checked out your website too.
They are all brilliant designs.
I certainly know where to come for something different.

swirlyarts
31-08-2007, 07:07 AM
Missed this post completely yesterday - they are very cool!

Sommerwood
31-08-2007, 02:33 PM
They are absolutely brilliant!! I make little fimo figures for some of the toppers on my name plaques etc, but they aren't a patch on yours. I get frustrated with it and having to keep washing my hands so I dont mark the lighter colours so you realy must have the patience of a saint!

EMEvans
31-08-2007, 02:41 PM
They are great. They must take you ages to do.

Craft-Buddies Jill
05-09-2007, 04:49 PM
They are brilliant!

My daughter says she's going to keep you in mind for when the wedding bells ring for her!

Jill

Pauline@weddingtreasures
05-09-2007, 04:56 PM
thanks ladies :D and Jill, I will certainly give a discount to a forum craftie! ;)

Pauline :)

newswallow
05-09-2007, 05:25 PM
Hi pauline
How can I say,they are beautiful, so many details. and I love it.I will keep you in mind when I renew my wedding again:D.

MrSwirl
25-10-2007, 11:18 AM
I gave these a plug on one of my other fora the other day, after I posted this picture for one of the (larger, ginger) ladies on there who's getting married next summer:
http://www.bieresetmonde.com/pub/coulee/carling/carling.jpg

People thought they were a great idea, but I'm banned from there now, so can't plug it any more :mad:

MrSwirl
25-10-2007, 11:19 AM
I gave these a plug on one of my other fora the other day, after I posted this picture for one of the (larger, ginger) ladies on there who's getting married next summer:

People thought they were a great idea, but I'm banned from there now, so can't plug it any more :mad:

Sorry - STRAWBERRY BLONDE, not ginger.

Pauline@weddingtreasures
25-10-2007, 11:27 AM
LOL, I'm not surprised!!!

Even when I do have 'larger' brides to be, I always make them look as I know they would like to look!!!

hee hee, as an after thought, can you email me the other place you go to - who knows, I may even be able to 'plug' one of mine <winks>

Pauline :D

MrSwirl
25-10-2007, 11:38 AM
LOL, I'm not surprised!!!

Even when I do have 'larger' brides to be, I always make them look as I know they would like to look!!!

hee hee, as an after thought, can you email me the other place you go to - who knows, I may even be able to 'plug' one of mine <winks>

I wasn't banned for that - she found it quite amusing.

It's not a crafts site, and I would never contemplate inflicting the stuff that is discussed on a contractors forum with people over here!

icecreamgirl
25-10-2007, 11:46 AM
Oh go on we're diiiiiiieing to know what you got banned for Mr Swirl...

Pauline@weddingtreasures
25-10-2007, 12:08 PM
yea, come on, spill the beans!! :sm:

MrSwirl
25-10-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh go on we're diiiiiiieing to know what you got banned for Mr Swirl...

I was banned for swearing.

They put a new filter on yesterday, but it was really bad - it looks for letters rather than whole words. Rather than putting **** in place, they decided to use words - e.g. slang term for breasts became "petal". However "attitude" became "atpetalude" and the title for a thread became "petalle". There was a certain amount of testing yesterday, but they claim that I pushed it too far...

There's a certain amount of hypocrisy, though, since people have today been using the same words without anything being said - but they are long standing members, whereas I've only been there for a year... There was a thread about using web cams earlier this year, where nothing was said to the poster, but for some reason they chose me to make an example of.

Absolutely furious - more about the inconsistency between bans (someone who wrote things that were a LOT worse was told "you came close to a ban" but he's been there for years...)

:mad:

MrSwirl
25-10-2007, 12:13 PM
I also spelt out an Irish swear word in smilies, which they deleted.

MrSwirl
25-10-2007, 12:14 PM
And they deleted my answer to the joke "What has a hazelnut in every bite?"

Pauline@weddingtreasures
25-10-2007, 12:17 PM
I also spelt out an Irish swear word in smilies, which they deleted.

Sorry, I managed to keep a straight face till I read this!! :mf:

MrSwirl
25-10-2007, 01:01 PM
Sorry, I managed to keep a straight face till I read this!! :mf:

It took me ages to do, too. It's hard to write a K in dancing bananas!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/images/smilies/extras/banana.gif

MrSwirl
25-10-2007, 01:05 PM
I was most annoyed because I was in the middle of a PM to one of the girls who's dad had a stroke yesterday and was in hospital, but they banned me while I was writing it, so it didn't get there.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

icecreamgirl
25-10-2007, 01:19 PM
oh dear you'll just have to put up with us lot instead then!! (or is it we that will have to put up with you?!!)

MrSwirl
25-10-2007, 03:40 PM
oh dear you'll just have to put up with us lot instead then!! (or is it we that will have to put up with you?!!)

It's only an 8 day ban, but I may decide that I like it so much over here that I'll stay!

So far today, I've counted 19 swear words on the forum (2 by the administrator who banned me!) and not a word has been said.

One rule for some...

icecreamgirl
25-10-2007, 07:37 PM
An 8 day bann??
That's so funny, do they want you to 'go away and think about what you've done!'
Like being at school!!!!!

Kathryn Sturrock
26-10-2007, 10:00 AM
Well done Pauline, they are really fab!!
I am busy with my Christmas baubles. I am desperate for a day to try out new ideas, but just haven't got the time at the moment.
My new website went live last week and I haven't even had chance to get everything uploaded!
I am adding bits each day, so I suppise I will get there in the end.
Keep up teh good work!

MrSwirl
26-10-2007, 03:03 PM
An 8 day bann??
That's so funny, do they want you to 'go away and think about what you've done!'
Like being at school!!!!!

Exactly like school - two of us got 8 days, one got a permanent ban.

I nearly got a full ban for today's "work" though. I logged in under an old name that I'd used years ago (which still worked!) and reported EVERY thread since I was banned that included swearing, and "unprofessional content" which is another thing they are clamping down on. I got a PM thanking me for my hard work, but they had enough alerts, thank you. They also guessed who I was.

One of their comments was that I could go away and swear to myself, and then come back in a week....