View Full Version : I recently found DropBox recommended on a computer forum.

Removed content
16-01-2012, 02:22 PM
DropBox is a secure storage server you can use to back up your important files and photographs.

I have used it to back up my web site - so if I have a computer crash, I will not loose my work. Also I am storing all the details on the commemorative stamp key rings I make.

The best bit is you can work on any computer to access your files. So I am writing up stamp details at home late at night and it automatically does an incremental update everytime you save. Then at work I can access these same latest files without having to physical transfer them with a USB drive.

Another feature is you can store photos there and by storing some in a public folder, anyone can view them if they have the link (ideal for friends or customers).

You can get 2 Gb for free, and that is quite a lot of storage. If you use this link http://db.tt/etiVaJkO to register, my storage capacity will be increased by 250 Mb. So if lots of you register I can have a massive lot of files backed up for free.

DropBox works like a dream. It is very easy to set up and works in the background so no important file will ever be lost again after a computer crash.

PS Mods. I think this has a lot of benefits for many crafters and I receive no payment for recommending this web site - just the increase in my storage capacity.

16-01-2012, 02:26 PM
I do similar with Apple so can retrieve anything which is so good and free as well

16-01-2012, 05:54 PM
Another Dropbox user here too :-) I use it at work for file sharing & synching files with some of our field based staff, and I also have a personal account to keep backups of a few key files too.

16-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Drop box is brill, been using it for a while

16-01-2012, 07:33 PM
Recent convert! Dropbox is brilliant for myself and my daughter as we often wish to share large photos and documents that would be impossible to send attached to emails.

17-01-2012, 02:01 AM
Dropbox is great and it's multiplatform (even on android and iphones)

The whole family use it from 20yr olds to 70yr olds!

11-07-2012, 01:56 PM
Another dropbox user here... mainly for sharing files between family or computers.

11-07-2012, 02:03 PM
I use both apple id and dropbox, it's handy since whenever i save in photoshop it saves to my drop box and i can retrieve from the laptop, i too only just discovered it.

[mod edit - please abide by the 25 post rule]

I found that i could sync itunes on all my computers using dropbox

11-07-2012, 02:58 PM
If I tried syncing iTunes with dropbox it would put me close to needing a terrabite immediately :)

I currently use the Hotmail SkyDrive for sharing things but might have a look at drop box!

16-07-2012, 03:12 PM
DropBox make my life much more easier. Easy to use and recommend to anyone.

16-07-2012, 04:34 PM
Drop box is great for photos and videos, but I use Google Docs for writing and spreadsheets, so simple :)

19-08-2012, 03:52 PM
DropBox is a secure storage server you can use to back up your important files and photographs.

So they would like you to think! I'm a big Dropbox fan but you can never be too sure about security and only two weeks ago Dropbox admits they were hacked

Might be worth changing your passwords!

23-08-2012, 04:41 PM
Ohhhhh yes I use drop box all of the time. I recommend keeping it free though, try keep costs to a minimum. Refresh you dropbox as often as you can.