PDA

View Full Version : Here we go go a gathering

beadsbydesign
29-10-2011, 06:37 PM
Had a lovely day out today in the local countryside gathering for my christmas pot pourri. house smells amazing as the pinecones are baking to rid the moisture and open them up.
next week is continue drying and then after that it'll be blending spices and oils and mixing it all together in my recycling bin.

bubbleicious
29-10-2011, 07:13 PM
I love the smell of autumn it gives me a warm feeling. I also like pot pourri it brings the outside inside, bet your kitchen smells lovely.

greannancrafts
29-10-2011, 08:45 PM
A few dried orange slices and cinnamon sticks and " it is beginning to feel like Christmas"

Jane

MornieG Jewellery
29-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Was burning a cinnamon incense stick this evening and I thought just the same, bit of orange and cloves for a lovely christmas smell. Clocks changing tonight so definately all downhill to the big day.

Mo.XX

indri
29-10-2011, 11:33 PM
It reminds me of when I made Christmas kumquat pomanders. House smelt of Christmas spices for weeks as the kumquats had to hide in a big bowl of spices for a few weeks while they dried out!

beadsbydesign
29-10-2011, 11:34 PM
couldn't find any kumquats in East Yorkshires counrtyside, but maybe a trip to the suupermarket....

indri
29-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Umm... they don't grow too well in the Coventry countryside (but then is that an oxymoron?)