PDA

View Full Version : Can you make me some curtains?

christopher_w
06-10-2011, 08:09 PM
Hi,

We need some curtains for a patio door and a window. We would like something along similar lines to our existing living room curtains, which are a soft grey fabric (kind of like velvet-ish, but not as heavy).

However, a pair of plain grey curtains are proving quite difficult to find in the shops!

So I thought I would try and find a forum for curtain makers on the internet, and that led me here.

So, if you are able to make curtains and want to quote me to make the curtains detailed below, please get in touch! I am in Cambridge, so please factor in postage if you are not local.

The details of the curtains are as follows:

1. French doors. Pole width: 224 cm. Bottom of curtain ring to floor: 210cm
2. Smaller window. Pole width: 131 cm. Length (curtain hook to bottom of curtains): 118cm

Both sets of measurements are for pairs of curtains (ie we want 2 curtains to cover half the pole width and meet in the middle).

All pencil pleat (rather than eyelets).

I hope these are the measurements you need -- please let me know if you need any other measurements. I have measured from the bottom of the curtain ring in each case -- so I guess we will need to add a bit extra onto the top.

I can send pictures of the curtains we currently have in the lounge by email (cant post links as im a newbie!)

(I'm not looking for an exact match necessarily -- just somewhere in the same ballpark!)

Please get in touch if you need any more info, or if you are able to quote!

Many thanks,

Chris

Couture Design
07-10-2011, 09:20 AM
I can give you a quote if required, I am based in Milton Keynes and often travel to Cambridge as not too far. If you let me have your e-mail address I can private message you. Have you thought about pinch pleat, this is a great heading? Also I have some lovely plain fabrics, which include grey. Would be great to see the picture of your existing curtains just for an idea, although it is often difficult to tell exact colours from photos.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Sam Watts - Couture Design

Couture Design
07-10-2011, 09:28 AM
Sorry Chris, forgot to give you my e-mail address: samanthawatts@fsmail.net, hope that is more helpful!

ShawnS
30-06-2012, 09:26 AM
If you really want to have a customize curtains on your house, then you should consult on a curtains manufacturer and set the design and style of curtain that you want.

Windowart
09-07-2012, 01:38 PM
We have a huge range of fabrics, and slowly but surely we are getting them online. See my signature for a link. If there is anything you like give us a call for a quote.

Removed content
09-07-2012, 01:55 PM
This is an old thread from 2011.

Roger