PDA

View Full Version : quilling boards

sadie
31-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Hi everyone
please can you help me im planning on buying a quilling board you know the one with all the holes how useful are they ? any help would be great
thanks in advance
happy craftin
luv sadiexx.

swirlyarts
31-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Hi,
Indri on the forum is a quiller so I'm sure she will be able to answer for you!

indri
31-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I do have one but I use it rarely. I tend to only use it when I'm being really picky about loose coils being exactly the same size (usually when the design is a bit more abstract), or to hold the coil still when I want to have the centre of the coil over to one side of the coil. For these things I find it very useful.

I have seen a quilling board with different shapes in so you can shape the coils in the holes, but just by looking at it I can tell it would be more frustrating and difficult to shape coils that way than by pinching them. I don't know why lakeland have stocked it or if it actually sells....

I don't know how long you have been quilling but I find that once you have had some practice you can generally get the same tension with each coil you produce so if you are making a flower which requires petals of about even size then you will find you probably won't use the quilling board.

The cork back is extremely useful for building up designs, just remember to use a bit of greaseproof paper on it to stop it sticking too much to the board.

Hope this helps.
:jippie: