PDA

View Full Version : Hi From West Sussex

milkmaid
24-09-2011, 11:00 AM
Hello there,
What a lovely site!
I am Milkmaid, I call myself that as up untill recently I owed goats, British Saanens, and would get 32 pints of milk a day from them....My husbands Job brought us back down to England, so i gave up the small holding to be with him.
But i learnt so many crafts while i was up in Scotland, including Tanning, Ironworks, Weaving, knitting and sewing, Ecaustic Art, Butchery,....I already did Watercolour and Oil painting, Card making, Cake decorating, Crochet, and cross stitch, Ceramic painting, Making peg faeries, Jewellery making.....not sure if i have missed anything off that list, so sorry if i have.
I look forward to getting to know people, and learning new crafts.....every day is a school day, as they say.

Scrumptious Textiles
24-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Welcome, you have been busy. Tried a few different crafts myself but not as many as you. Look forward to seeing your work.

EJMedia
24-09-2011, 11:57 AM
Wow, very busy! (welcome) to the forum!

milkmaid
24-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Thank you for the warm welcome
I have also taken up photography, but i do have to be in the right mood to do the crafting, which is why there is sooo many.
I am currently working on making a wool rug, Christmas cards, and some knitting...but I dont have much else to do at the moment, as we are only back in England for a short period, so i cant unpack all the boxes, as we will be again!

removed10
24-09-2011, 03:33 PM
HI!!! WELCOME!!!

You and I have a few things in common - I have mixed British Alpine and Nubian goats - make goat milk soap and herbed chevre - I would be hard pressed to decide whether to leave the goats or my husband!! Only joking, of course...but I know it must've been very distressing to you to have to give up your goats! I am upset just thinking about it!!

Of your crafts, I also do weaving, knitting and sewing, card making, crochet, and a little cross stitch,and I make peg fairies and dolls...my granddaughter and I have started a fairy house out of cigar boxes so must get busy with some new fairies soon!

I also spin, and needle felt...right now making felted pumpkins like crazy for our next market...I do some acrylic painting, some iris folding, a little leather work,
and am embarking on encaustic art and burned wood glue....

Besides goat milk soap, I make container soy candles, solid perfume, potpourri, drawer sachets, bath salts, and eye pillows!

I used to grow most of my potpourri and dry it...but the drought here has finally gotten the best of me. I still have a few things so I am now making chunk salt potpourri with some bay leaves and a few other botanicals sprinkled over to give it more of a home made feel...

SO MANY THINGS TO TRY!!! I will never be master of any single art, but I sure have a lot of fun!

Glad to see you here!

rosiepinkStudio
24-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Welcome to the forum - do you find time to sleep? You sound like a very enthusiastic, go-get-it person!
If you feel like sharing some of your 'makes' photos with us, we'd all be interested.

milkmaid
24-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Thanks RPS :D will look out some of the pics as soon as i get to grips with the site, my friends refuse to go shopping in craft shops with me as they say i make them spend money on stuff they wont use lol so i guess i am enthusiastic(spelling not a strong point btw lol).

Pity you in Texas Susan, would loved to of met you and your goats! I do miss mine, but OH promises that when we emigrate, i can have some more....so looking forward to it too :D

milkmaid
24-09-2011, 05:49 PM
will have to post pics later, i need to post 25 posts before i can upload the URL's :(

removed10
24-09-2011, 06:22 PM
If you go to your profile, you can make albums of your work, etc..

When you move, where will you be emigrating to?

indri
24-09-2011, 06:39 PM
Welcome to the forum!!

milkmaid
24-09-2011, 07:14 PM
Thanks Indri :D

Will be emigrating to Canada, hopefully, we are on the last legs of the paperwork, we just then have to submit it and be accepted....been hard work...not sure what Provence yet, will depend on where the OH gets work, but i will get my land and have goats, pigs and chooks again :D

milkmaid
24-09-2011, 08:11 PM
thanks about the tip for my own albums, i have started some now :D