PDA

View Full Version : Parson's Sudsy Ammonia

candles by lisa
25-07-2007, 09:56 AM
........what the hell is this!!!

Does anybody know out there. I have been told that this stuff is great for cleaning glass and as I am making a range of candles in glass and containers was advised to get this stuff so that the wax will stick nicely to the glass - but what is it and will I run this risk of knocking myself out when I use it.

I know someone out there will know you lovely bunch of peoble you.

Cheers.

Lisa

:confused:

Seahorse
25-07-2007, 10:02 AM
Well ,those were 3 words Id never have put in a sentance!!

If you google it it looks like a liquid in a bottle, like a detergent.

candles by lisa
25-07-2007, 10:06 AM
I found that bit out - but don't know where to get it here - I don't think it would get shipped over here cause of what it is. Just found out as well not to mix it with household cleaners - particularly bleach cause the two together make Chlorine Gas (not a good idea).

Thanks for that will keep trying. I have just phoned a chemical supplier and they don't know but they are going to phone around some glass manufacturers to see if they know. I see it on quite a few sits for cleaning windows and stuff but where in gods name would you get it in the UK.

Thanks again for your help you are a star.

Cheers.

Lisa
:D

Seahorse
25-07-2007, 10:15 AM
Been googling and some people use it on fishtanks, also look under janitorial supplies.

zebra
25-07-2007, 10:27 AM
https://www.creativeglassguild.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=68_110

This is what will be ideal for you and its safe to use, you only need a little bit on a lint free cloth.
I use it to clean my glass and its great stuff...it also has a nice lemon scent to it too.

Only one problem...its so good my hubby pinches it to clean his car windscreen! so hide it! :D

Seahorse
25-07-2007, 10:38 AM
Ooh, I use them, thats where I get my soldering stuff from.

candles by lisa
25-07-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi Zebra,

Thanks for that is it the spray of Professional Glass Cleaner? 80ml.

Think I will give that a bash.

Cheers.

Lisa

zebra
25-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Hi Zebra,

Thanks for that is it the spray of Professional Glass Cleaner? 80ml.

Think I will give that a bash.

Cheers.

Lisa

Yes thats the stuff, it goes along way but I order a few at a time. :)

zebra
25-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Ooh, I use them, thats where I get my soldering stuff from.

Good company I say Seahorse. It's a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a......ok, Ill stop ;)

candles by lisa
25-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Good company I say Seahorse. It's a small world after all, its a small world after all, its a......ok, Ill stop ;)

Aaarrrrrggghhhh I flippin well hate that and I hate that flippin ride in Disney World!!!!!!! Would like to blast it off the face of the planet. Probably hate it because when the kids were little we went to Florida and oooed and aaahheed at all the dolls on the ride. Came home and found that a lot of the baby toys played it's a small world and bought them - ow how I wish I hadn't can't stand it, can't stand it at all.

Hehe.

Lisa

:o

zebra
25-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Rofl here, I know exactly what you mean....same with us ~ a long ride with silly scary dolls and insane music..............it was funny for a SHORT while!

Glad we didn't buy anything that played the song.....even know it drives me crazy :o:p:D:mf:

hehe.....the ride from hell

zebra
02-08-2007, 06:19 PM
Hi Lisa,

How are you getting on with your glass?

candles by lisa
02-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I am still flipping well fighting with it. Ordered the cleaner but what do you know aye up the post office is on strike. I am just scrubbing them out with washing up liquid just now and rinsing in boiling hot water then letting them dry. Still getting flaming wet spots on the glass though but I have taken to just zapping them with the heat gun - it works but it takes a good 3 or 4 times before the candle stops pulling away.

Thanks for all your help.

Cheers.
Lisa

zebra
02-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi Lisa,

Sorry your having probs with your glass...bit of a b***er ordering cleaner only too have it waiting at the po.office.

Have you tried vinegar in water to clean your glass? Mix 1pt warm water with just a dot of washing liquid and about 3 caps of vinegar...but the secret is to clean with newspaper then buff with a lint free cloth.

Hope this helps :)

candles by lisa
03-08-2007, 07:30 AM
I will definitely try that I have heard of using vineger and newspaper but sort of thought it was an old wives tail type thing - but will definitely try it out because you know glass inside out and upside down. I have got a few new glass containers to play about with so will try that out cause it is a total sod getting the wax to stick to the glass.

Cheers.

Lisa

Woody
03-08-2007, 09:39 AM
I may be showing my age here, but you used to be able to buy Stubbs cloudy ammonia at all good hardware shops once upon a time.

candles by lisa
03-08-2007, 09:43 AM
You might be I'm afraid cause I have never heard of it and I'm no spring chicken myself at 39. Do you think B&Q would stock something similar. I am scared to get something in case I gas the whole household.

Cheers.

Lisa

:mf: