• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zebra
    100+ crafts club
    • Mar 2007

STARDUST! The movie!..

WOW, what a day I had yesterday....Try and cut a long story short! I was invited to exhibit my work at PECKFORTON castle in Cheshire along with 3 other artists for a special event [what a castle! ]

But it sounded all hush hush and alarm bells rang! anyway they emailed me several times to ask me to leave my work there at a specific time and I have to go back tomorrow at a specific time to pick up my work........all sounded very odd indeed!
    ANYWAY!...off I went...castle on the horizon getting nearer...goosebumps...went through a forest to get to it .....all very spooky and fairytale...then I saw posters...THE MAGIC STARTS HERE etc...then posters of Robert di nero!! then Michelle pfeiffer...Sienna miller...ricky gervaise....the list goes on!

Music playing-all very theatricle and dramatic!

I walked on a red carpet to castle entrance! and was shown inside and were to set up.
    Cameras and a big screen in one big room....staff all running round...champagne set up and a huge hallway with a table for lil me.

All hush hush still!....then the company who contacted me revealed it was the film premier for 'STARDUST' out on August 10th!
    100 people inc cast attending...helicopters all over the place etc...I was told not to take pictures of anything!...errr I didn't

So came away buzzing and looking forward to going back tomorrow!...The story continues...............

Stardust. 348,484 likes · 46 talking about this. This summer a star falls. The chase begins.
    Debbie
    www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.
  • Annette
    100+ crafts club
    • Apr 2007

How exciting zebra, do you know where they've seen your work? I hadn't heard of stardust, but if it's got Ricky Gervais, then I want to see it.

Can you imagine being contacted by somebody famous who likes your work...oooooo I'm so excited for you, god knows how excited you must be....Well done
    Annette

Comment

• BeadsbyLili
      Super Big Crafter
      • Jun 2007

Wow - thats amazing ! Cant wait to hear more... and let us know if any of the stars bought your stuff (what an accolade!!). Well done for being invited to such an exclusive event !!
      Mel

Comment

• zebra
        100+ crafts club
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Annette View Post
        How exciting zebra, do you know where they've seen your work? I hadn't heard of stardust, but if it's got Ricky Gervais, then I want to see it.

Can you imagine being contacted by somebody famous who likes your work...oooooo I'm so excited for you, god knows how excited you must be....Well done
        They did a search for artists based in Cheshire and found my site. It was nice to be chosen Ricky looks like he has a great part in the film.

Im just about to leave again now to pick up my work! ...yes, very excited lol ....mind you that castle is fantastic so im looking forward to seeing that again and have a bit more of a look round.

Thank you for your reply
        Debbie
        www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Contemporary glass fusion designs - sculptures - wall panels - functional items - outdoor sculptures. We also run Silver & Glass workshops here in Cheshire - kiln space also offered.

Comment

• zebra
          100+ crafts club
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by BeadsbyLili View Post
          Wow - thats amazing ! Cant wait to hear more... and let us know if any of the stars bought your stuff (what an accolade!!). Well done for being invited to such an exclusive event !!

Thank you....fingers crossed some work was sold but I think it was more for the event itself.

Can you imagine Robert de niro calling asking for p+p prices lol

Im hoping they will let me put something on my website about it.
          Debbie
          www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

• Sommerwood
            500+ Crafters Club
            • Nov 2006

OH WOW, that is ABSOLUTELY FANTAStic ... and very well deserved to as your work is amazing.
            I clicked on the link to the film website and it looks brill, and LOVE Ricky Gervais so is sure to be fantastic.
            WOW, even my tummy did a little skip for you as I was reading your message!!!! Keep us posted!!!
            Jo x

For handcrafted wooden gifts and decorations please visit http://www.sommerwood.co.uk

Comment

• zebra
              100+ crafts club
              • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Sommerwood View Post
              OH WOW, that is ABSOLUTELY FANTAStic ... and very well deserved to as your work is amazing.
              I clicked on the link to the film website and it looks brill, and LOVE Ricky Gervais so is sure to be fantastic.
              WOW, even my tummy did a little skip for you as I was reading your message!!!! Keep us posted!!!
              Awww thank you for the compliments glad you like my work. Ricky looks the part lol....and the film looks great...right up my street.

Tummy skip~I know what you mean!...That castle is enough to make anyones tummy skip with or without the film premier.

Went back to collect my work...business cards all gone and I have 2 commissions to do...not sure who there for yet, the company are contacting me Monday but the staff inform me that everyone loved my work.

It was just nice to be part of something different.

I had a guided tour round the castle and managed to let 3 film posters fall in my car on the way back!
              Debbie
              www.thesilverzebra.co.uk

Comment

• BeadsbyLili
                Super Big Crafter
                • Jun 2007

Cant wait to hear who ordered... hope its one of the big stars !! And if it is .... well, word might get around..& you could end up with a celebrity clientèle - how exciting would that be !
                Mel

Comment

• JBJB
                  Super Big Crafter
                  • Apr 2007

Don't forget us "little people" when you're rubbing shoulders with the stars!
                  Blog Website Flickr

Comment

• littlesnuggler
                    500+ Crafters Club
                    • Feb 2007

That's fantastic Zebra, shame you couldn't take any photo's. Can't wait for the update when you get back. Well done, I love to hear that 'people like us' get noticed now and again. Hope you get free tickets to see the film
                    Helen

www.littlesnuggler.co.uk
                    Total warmth and comfort for your baby and toddler up to 3 years

Comment

• Seahorse
                      Super Moderator
                      Try and catch up with this one.. What a crafter!!!
                      • Jun 2005

OOH you lucky ducky, well done!!!!
                      Ive been keeping an eye on that film since i heard about it.It was written by Johnathan Ross's wife.
                      Its exactly the kind of thing Id love to be involved in.

Well done you!!
                      https://folksy.com/shops/GrimmExhibition

http://poisonedapplecraftuk.blogspot.co.uk/

Poisoned Apple Theatre - Handmade Crafts on Facebook

Comment

• michelleC
                        100+ crafts club
                        • Jan 2007

WOW thats fantastic. very exciting.
                        Two commisions too!. Well done to you. I carn't wait to hear if you find out who they are for. OOOhh you could be the next big thing with the stars.
                        http://butterbeandesigns.co.uk/

Comment

• Funkyhand
                          Super Big Crafter
                          • Aug 2006

Just caught onto this thread..Congratulations, I hope the orders you get are big ones!!
                          Anice xx
                          Funkyhand x
                          my website
                          http://www.funkyhand.com
                          my blog (updated 09/06/10)
                          http://funkyhand.blogspot.com/
                          Follow me on Twitter
                          http://twitter.com/funkyhand

Comment

• Seahorse
                            Super Moderator
                            • Jun 2005

Zebra, I could see yuor work in a fanatsy movie!

I once saw preview of Snatch and I swear Guy Ritchie was there.There was a blonde man that everybody was staring at but I didnt want to stare.

Oh to be pals with the stars!!

Comment

• Seahorse
                              Super Moderator
                              • Jun 2005

My pal just emailed to say her parents went to a wedding at the weekend where Tim burton and Helena Bonham Carter also attended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X