PDA

View Full Version : No more plastic bags!!

swirlyarts
06-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Sorry I'm on my recycling kick again! Just found this great site but it's a bit tricky to navigate if you want to find a group near you. However they do have a template for downloading for you to make your own re-usable bag! How cool is that? Go make.........

goldy1
06-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Do you mean this one. http://morsbags.com/ made a few and got both my sisters hooked. :D

swirlyarts
06-07-2007, 06:47 PM
Doh - yes I did mean that one! I forgot to put the link in - I'm forever doing that! Thanks!!

michelleC
07-07-2007, 09:03 PM
That really is scary. You just never think a simple plastic bag can do so much damage....
Def touched a spot with me as i love turtles.
Thanks for the link. will have to get my bum in gear now.

artistsresource
08-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Hi there!

yes, this is an important one! Plastic bags take up to 500 years to decay in landfill. We need to stop using them!! I've got a Project on how to decorate a canvas bag on my website, if youd like to take a look :)

rowanb
01-10-2007, 01:01 PM
I think getting people to deocrate their own canvas bags is an excellent idea. I didn't realise plastic bags cause so much damage, people should be highlighting this so much more!

bx

samsq
03-10-2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks for highlighting this. I've added a thread to another forum I visit to raise awareness etc.

MrSwirl
03-10-2007, 03:36 PM
Hi there!

yes, this is an important one! Plastic bags take up to 500 years to decay in landfill. We need to stop using them!! I've got a Project on how to decorate a canvas bag on my website, if youd like to take a look :)

And yet, if they weren't buried in a landfill, they decay much quicker. If they were left open to the elements rather than buried in the ground, they would not last 500 years.

toots
02-12-2007, 10:15 PM
I haven't used plastic bags for years,:D I make my own bags from scraps left over from my quilting. Years ago when we could not get cotton fabric we used to go to soft furnishers and get the fabric sample books, take out the samples and cut them up into squares or oblongs. I wish I had 1 for every bag I have made over the years.

They have gone all over the world as well, presents given to friends at various times, I made up a pettern for two sizes of bag for use on the beach, used to sell the kits, they flew off the stand at craft fairs, they were so easy to make. Took just a couple of hours and bingo you had a bag.

Julie TPT
07-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Really great animation 'how to'... makes the bag making crystal clear...will be making some too. They'd make good eco friendly presents for Xmas. I like using 'old' cloth too... makes me feel good to know an old sofa throw or duvet cover has a new life to live!:)
thanks for the link!
Julie

Julie TPT
13-12-2007, 05:37 PM
Just been inspired by the morsbags.com animation to make a bag. Adapted it a bit, by sewing across the corners at the bottom... (you know what i mean i'm sure!):) Thanks for the link!