PDA

View Full Version : I've gone and done it!!!!

Daisy
03-07-2007, 08:25 PM
I don't know if you'll remember me but I posted on here a while back asking for help setting up a business. Well I've only gone and bl**dy done it!!! :D :D :D :D

I'm so proud of myself but I'm feeling quite low now and was wondering if it was natural to have a low after all the highs of getting the business going?

I don't suppose it helps that I still work full time and am fitting the business in around my normal life and that all the stock is in my bedroom, which I now cannot get into without some very careful, pre-planned manoeuvring :)

It's the thought that I've spent x amount on stock and only have x amount of months to pay it back, all the marketing and trying to reach the right people (that I didn't put too much thougt to). That I might be wrong :o that people aren't as interested as I am, in what I've done.

Anyway, sorry this post is so poo.

JBJB
03-07-2007, 08:30 PM
I'm so proud of myself but I'm feeling quite low now and was wondering if it was natural to have a low after all the highs of getting the business going?

I'll have to keep this repsonse short as I can hear I'm being summoned by my little *ahem* cherub from upstairs....

I think part and parcel of being a crafty-type is having highs and lows... I personally can't sustain the up "buzz" I get from making and designing and I know that at some point it will swing the other way.

Anyway, welcome to the world of being a business-owner!! :mf:

icecreamgirl
03-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Well done.:)
Tell us about your business?

Daisy
03-07-2007, 10:00 PM
Well done.:)
Tell us about your business?

It's a craft kit company. I'm a huge scrapbooker and do this regularly with my 3 year old son, who loves it too! I share such special moments with him I wanted to promote that to others.

I know a lot of mothers that say they don't craft with their children which I think is so sad. It got me thinking and I came up with my business.

In addtion to selling via my website I've done the Virgin Vie thing and have people host parties for a discount. I also hope to do scrapbooking for children and have various companies lined up for Christmas time.

The business only started two weekend's ago but I've already had a fantastic response. It's now a case of marketing myself, not easy and keeping the momentum going.

I think I'm getting quite scared now.......:mummy:

deezkatz
03-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Hello
I've just set up too, its very exciting and then its waiting for the orders to come in, so thats the low points really, but you get such a buzz even from a small order. :mf:

I've checked your site out and it looks great, very easy to follow and i'm sure you'll get lots of business.
I've just added myself to google adwords, set a limit of 20 a month and I am seeing alot more traffic now, thanks to that.
I'll keep your website in my favourites, some good pressie ideas in there.

Good luck x

Tigerhair
03-07-2007, 10:08 PM
Hey guys - well done you on setting up your businesses. It takes a lot of guts doesn't it!?

I am just trying to see whether a craft shop in Ashbourne is a good idea - and it's taking all my spare time up to do that.

Congratulations and good luck

Daisy
03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Hello
I've just set up too, its very exciting and then its waiting for the orders to come in, so thats the low points really, but you get such a buzz even from a small order. :mf:

I've checked your site out and it looks great, very easy to follow and i'm sure you'll get lots of business.
I've just added myself to google adwords, set a limit of 20 a month and I am seeing alot more traffic now, thanks to that.
I'll keep your website in my favourites, some good pressie ideas in there.

Good luck x

Thank you for checking out the site, although not sure how you did that LOL!!! I changed my siggie to include my site but it doesn't show up on my messages.

Can you pm with the google business you're talking about please. Every little helps.

Is your site Mr Site generated, mine is? Love the banner. I also love the Organic Baby Starter Kit and my cousin has just announced she's preggers and that is right up her street so I think I know what I'll be getting her!!!!

swirlyarts
03-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Another tip for you - have you tried doing children's birthday parties with your packs? Mums will happily pay for someone to come in to their homes to keep their little (well not too little) ones amused for a couple of hours at birthday time ;)
Good luck with the business!

Edited to add - you only see your signature once per thread or pages of threads. So if you post numerous times to a thread your signature will only come up on the first post. Hope that makes sense!

Daisy
03-07-2007, 10:25 PM
Another tip for you - have you tried doing children's birthday parties with your packs? Mums will happily pay for someone to come in to their homes to keep their little (well not too little) ones amused for a couple of hours at birthday time ;)
Good luck with the business!

Oh God no!!! I couldn't think of anything worse!!! :p

incywincy
03-07-2007, 10:47 PM

You will have many high, low and in the middle days!! lol
I had a very quiet June and was wondering whether it was all worth it! But this month the orders keep coming :D

Your site looks fab! MrSite can be a challenge in itself!
Wishing you every success.
x

Poppy4lee
04-07-2007, 08:24 AM
Congratulations, you should be very proud of yourself, I wish you lots and lots of success:D

Funkyhand
04-07-2007, 08:34 AM
Congratulations! This month is pretty special for my business, I started one year ago on the 24th!
When you talk about highs and lows, I can vouch that you are not alone. When I first started there was so much work to do to get the website live and finish the products that I was working till the early hours of the morning sometimes. Then the website went live and I waited.... :o the first order was so exciting I remember jumping around like a mad person when it came in!! Then I have had slow months where all I have done is panic that I made a mistake :sleep:
Enjoy the highs and lows it's all part of running your own business. It's the best job I have ever had!
Anice xx :):)

heavenlygirl
04-07-2007, 10:21 PM
I agreewith Anice, i have had my business for a 14 months and it has been a year of high and lows. You will get very quiet times and start to panic, like me at the moment, but it is typiclly quiet at this time of year according to all the sales reps,so as long as you can get through these times you wonder what you were worrying about when it starts to get busy again.

Good luck and i hope all goes well!!!

Heather

colourart
04-07-2007, 10:27 PM
the first order was so exciting I remember jumping around like a mad person when it came in!! :):)

I still do that now, my children still get hugs, when I get an order and they look at me like I'm from another planet.:sm:

Congrats, Daisy, on setting up you own business. I love building mine at the moment, its great being your own boss. Would recommend to anyone.

Daisy
04-07-2007, 10:31 PM
Thank you to everyone who has responded. I guess setting up for summer was not such a good idea. I thought there would be lots of craft fairs and fetes to go to but most have been rained off. Oh well, onwards and upwards.

On a positive note I think my 6 weeks with Mr Site is almost up and I should be easier to find on Google, yeah!!!