PDA

View Full Version : my new sitess up (temporary)

ToriazDesigns
29-06-2007, 12:42 PM
its a new website but very temporary. please take a look, i need feedback in where im going wrong i know the photo are slightly blurry:nopity:

site address in my signature

EMEvans
29-06-2007, 01:02 PM
Well done for setting up a new website. The main problem i'd say you have are the photos (which you've already pointed out). People like to see a nice clear image before they'll purchase. Also you need to increase your stock so your customers could have a choice of say 10 cards in each catergory.

Can i ask why you've set up a temporary website instead of a permanent one, surely it will take up more of your time doing it this way.

Hope it goes well.

ToriazDesigns
29-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Well done for setting up a new website. The main problem i'd say you have are the photos (which you've already pointed out). People like to see a nice clear image before they'll purchase. Also you need to increase your stock so your customers could have a choice of say 10 cards in each catergory.

Can i ask why you've set up a temporary website instead of a permanent one, surely it will take up more of your time doing it this way.

Hope it goes well.

um i want a professional site but using this website to see how it goes. :nopity:

Tip Top
29-06-2007, 01:43 PM
I like the background design but find the pink a little shocking!! And I think it could overpower the colours on your pretty cards.

Are you able to add a little description as to size of card and materials used as this would be helpful to the customer.

Well done for venturing into the world of websales!:)

Peter
29-06-2007, 03:31 PM
Don't know if it's a man thing..................but I hate those bl**dy butterflies! :mf:

icecreamgirl
29-06-2007, 06:00 PM
Hi.:)
I've just had a look at your website.
I agree that the main problem is the photos. They don't do your cards justice at all, if i were you i would try and get some better ones done.
I know it's hard to get good photos as i've been trying, but really, having blurry ones on your website isn't good.
Also, find the butterflys off putting, and i usually love butterflys, i thin kit's all a bit much with the pink background, them fluttering by and then when you click on the cards the photos aren't very good!! I just think a plainer background would show the cards off more.

I know that all sounds a bit negative but better to hear it here where you can put it right, rather than customers just clicking off and buying elsewhere!!
Good Luck!!

Poppy4lee
29-06-2007, 06:29 PM
I have to agree with the comments made about the background (and butterflies), your cards are in subtle colours, and I'm sure, look very pretty in reality, unfortunately, the bright background makes them look faded.
Congrats on the site though, I bet it took ages to set up!

swirlyarts
29-06-2007, 08:52 PM
I had real problems photographing my items - I made a light box which was very easy to do and cost me about 15. Here's a blog post about it. http://swirlyarts.blogspot.com/2007/05/photographing-crafts.html Tne only thing I have done better since then is play about with the white setting on my camera and it has improved my photo's a great deal.
Hope this helps
Lynsey