PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Sponsor

Daesul
25-03-2011, 12:35 PM
I used to live near Loch Ness, and still have good friends there.

One of them is an amateur film maker, and last year he and his son organised and ran the first Loch Ness Film Festival. It was a big success but they had to finance it themselves.

This year it runs from 27th to 29th May and they're looking for sponsors. So, as a friend and a film fan, I decided to help out.

For 50 I get my logo (with a link to my website) on their web page, and also in brochures during the festival. Plus I get free entry to all the film screenings, along with anyone I choose to take along. Plus a free burger at the BBQ afterwards! My dad and I are going so we'll be taking advantage of all that. If I hadn't been a sponsor, we'd have been paying almost 50 for all that anyway!

If anyone is interested in having a look at what they're offering, go to www.lochnessfilmfestival.co.uk (http://www.lochnessfilmfestival.co.uk).

Planty28
25-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Soudns like a great event and well done on the sponsorship - sounds like you got a good deal there. Wish there was something like this near to my home as Oh and I love our films - can't can't much further away from Loch Ness than Southampton tho.........

ClarkArts
25-03-2011, 04:32 PM
Oh wow, what a fantastic thing to do. Not only are you helping them but you are getting a great deal out of it to.
I hope you have a great time, take care.

Daesul
25-03-2011, 05:32 PM
Soudns like a great event and well done on the sponsorship - sounds like you got a good deal there. Wish there was something like this near to my home as Oh and I love our films - can't can't much further away from Loch Ness than Southampton tho.........

Well, I live 600 miles away myself these days, but we're flying up for the festival. I would have had a trip up anyway for a wee holiday, so thought it might as well coincide with this. It'll be lovely to see old friends again.

Planty28
25-03-2011, 05:42 PM
Well, I live 600 miles away myself these days, but we're flying up for the festival. I would have had a trip up anyway for a wee holiday, so thought it might as well coincide with this. It'll be lovely to see old friends again.

Ah, perfect timing then.

Daesul
25-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Well, I timed my trip to coincide with the festival.

My logo went on their website last night and today I've had a huge increase in the number of hits, no coincidence I'm sure. Whether it will lead to any more sales remains to be seen!