PDA

View Full Version : It wont fit......

Boxbloke
06-03-2011, 10:20 PM
Greetings,

Quite new to this forum and i'm trying to get some pics of my makes up, unfortuneately they wont fit in the space allowed, so my question is how do I shrink my pics so they fit within the bytes required, I took the pics quite close up so I cant crop too much off, any help would be great,

Thanks in advance, Steve

Loody
06-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Upload your pics to picnik and you can resize them there....I use 450x450 and they're ok for here and folksy :D

Boxbloke
06-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks Sarah, went there, did that, so a couple of pics in my album, hope you all like them :)

Loody
06-03-2011, 10:48 PM
No probs....going to go look now :D

MornieG Jewellery
06-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Do you have picture manager on your computer ? If so you can edit them there and resize. I find 1024 x 768 works well on here or if you need to go smaller 640 x 480.

Mo.XX

MornieG Jewellery
06-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Ignore last post co-insided with Loody.

Nice organic little boxes Steve. Hope to see more soon. Mo.XX

Critchley
07-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Most of us hae Paint found in Accessories on our pooters. I am the least technical of all our members I think and I do it in there. So simple its unbelievablel

Lorrelle
07-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi Steve,

(welcome) to the forum.

I had exacly the same problem when I tried to upload at first. I edited my photos in paint.NET. Under the image tab go to resize. I simply entered differet sizes until the pictures were small enough to upload. If you don't have paint.NET there will probably be a resize option in whatever program you have.

I hope this makes sense, I'm really not into technical jargon!!

Eleanor

HappySheep
22-03-2011, 04:18 PM
It might be simpler if I explain that there are two 'sizes' for an image - the size (dimensions) of the image and the size (space used) of the file. You can have a small image (say, 2 inches square) at a high resolution and saved at top quality so this will take up a lot of space (for example 4Mb), then you can have a large image (12 inches square) at a low resolution and low quality and this will take up much less space (1.5Mb). Most websites that allow you to upload photos specify a maximum size for both image (often 500 pixels - you can usually change this to inches/centimetres to make it easier) and file (often 3 or 4 Mb), so you need to resize your image to be smaller, then save it at a lower quality. This should allow it to be uploaded with no trouble, and no loss of any detail in the photo (so no cropping needed!)

Hope this explains it!

Judith

pureglassbeads
30-03-2011, 12:54 PM
Hi

For bulk resizing of images I use a free program called Easy Thumbs by Fookes Software (You will have to google it as I can't post links yet).

It lets you select a batch of photos and then in one hit you can change the actual image size, quality, brightness, contrast etc etc. Very useful little program.