View Full Version : It wont fit......

06-03-2011, 10:20 PM

Quite new to this forum and i'm trying to get some pics of my makes up, unfortuneately they wont fit in the space allowed, so my question is how do I shrink my pics so they fit within the bytes required, I took the pics quite close up so I cant crop too much off, any help would be great,

Thanks in advance, Steve

06-03-2011, 10:32 PM
Upload your pics to picnik and you can resize them there....I use 450x450 and they're ok for here and folksy :D

06-03-2011, 10:47 PM
Thanks Sarah, went there, did that, so a couple of pics in my album, hope you all like them :)

06-03-2011, 10:48 PM
No probs....going to go look now :D

MornieG Jewellery
06-03-2011, 10:49 PM
Do you have picture manager on your computer ? If so you can edit them there and resize. I find 1024 x 768 works well on here or if you need to go smaller 640 x 480.

MornieG Jewellery
06-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Ignore last post co-insided with Loody.

Nice organic little boxes Steve. Hope to see more soon. Mo.XX

07-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Most of us hae Paint found in Accessories on our pooters. I am the least technical of all our members I think and I do it in there. So simple its unbelievablel

07-03-2011, 10:06 AM
Hi Steve,

(welcome) to the forum.

I had exacly the same problem when I tried to upload at first. I edited my photos in paint.NET. Under the image tab go to resize. I simply entered differet sizes until the pictures were small enough to upload. If you don't have paint.NET there will probably be a resize option in whatever program you have.

I hope this makes sense, I'm really not into technical jargon!!

22-03-2011, 04:18 PM
It might be simpler if I explain that there are two 'sizes' for an image - the size (dimensions) of the image and the size (space used) of the file. You can have a small image (say, 2 inches square) at a high resolution and saved at top quality so this will take up a lot of space (for example 4Mb), then you can have a large image (12 inches square) at a low resolution and low quality and this will take up much less space (1.5Mb). Most websites that allow you to upload photos specify a maximum size for both image (often 500 pixels - you can usually change this to inches/centimetres to make it easier) and file (often 3 or 4 Mb), so you need to resize your image to be smaller, then save it at a lower quality. This should allow it to be uploaded with no trouble, and no loss of any detail in the photo (so no cropping needed!)

Hope this explains it!

30-03-2011, 12:54 PM

For bulk resizing of images I use a free program called Easy Thumbs by Fookes Software (You will have to google it as I can't post links yet).

It lets you select a batch of photos and then in one hit you can change the actual image size, quality, brightness, contrast etc etc. Very useful little program.