PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! ...keeping a record!

bitsandblobs
06-03-2011, 02:44 PM
hi all...

has anyone got a blakn template they use in excel or similar to record incoming/outgoings of their crafty business stuff? I am completely new to all this and could do with something to get me started!

Also... I know I have a few weeks to get the IR stuff sorted to... is there anyone else who has a main job and doing this on the side? Which form do you fill in on the IR website? I am assuming self employed from the other posts... is that right?

Help!!

lots of love xxx

Caroleecrafts
06-03-2011, 03:06 PM
On the business link website there are samples of spreadsheets: http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?itemId=1073789114&type=RESOURCES you will need to add your own formula's to tal the columns but this should give you a start.

On the tax return there are several sections you will need to complete the part for employment entering your figures from your P60 and also the self employed bit. If your turnove was under I think now 33K you only need show the income figure and expenditure figure, the instructions they enclose are very clear but if you get stuck just ask on here.

bitsandblobs
06-03-2011, 06:24 PM
Thank you!! That is so helpful :-) x