PDA

View Full Version : Help with photo's for Folksy shop

kimberley
13-02-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi does anyone know what size your photo should be for the Folksy website i make handmade cards but when i take a photo and put it on it gets cropped and i am left with half a photograph it say's you need square images how do you get square images without cutting to much of your photo any advice or help would be appreciated.
Thanks kim

bodrighy
13-02-2011, 09:08 PM
They need to be no more than 495px x 495px. I find that if you make sure your largest dimension is that then you are OK. You can alter them in amy number of programmes. A good one is Paint.net which is a free download (for windows users, don't know if it would work on a mac.)

Pete

kimberley
13-02-2011, 09:15 PM
Hi Pete thank you i will give it a go see what happens
Best wishes Kim

Loody
13-02-2011, 09:27 PM
You could also use picnik.....it's free and I use it to edit and resize all my pics :D

flb89
05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
try photoshop, resize it and crop a little bit off or resive it so it fits within the size your allowed but you will have blank space at the side where the image isnt square but its fitting into a square space

Mojo_77
07-10-2011, 12:43 PM
If you have Photoshop resize your photo to less than 500 px on the longest side, then go to resize again, then canvas size and type in 500 X 500 and set the drop down menu to pixels. This will put a square border around your photo but won't affect the actual dimensions of the photo itself. When you upload to Folksy it will be recognised as square so won't be resized.