PDA

View Full Version : Bespoke Sterling Silver Tiara

Dizzydiza
25-01-2011, 08:39 PM
http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=1925&attachmentid=18228

This is the first time I have done a bespoke tiara in sterling silver for a customer I have one which is partially sterling silver but it is a sample tiara only and I did sell a very simple design of my own about 4 years ago. My customer came to me with a drawing. She wanted a tiara made for her grand daughters first communion she wanted it to become an heirloom. The mother asked for her daughters initial to be in the design. I didnt know where I was going to get an intital from and I even asked here on this forum but no one was able to help me, in fact I dont think I even got an answer! So in the end I hand made it by twisting square wire then hand bent it into the letter E. I wasnt sure if I interpreted the design correctly but the grand mother and mother and the daughter were delighted with it. Hope you like it too!

gbell
26-01-2011, 08:55 AM
oo v nice, I remember you asking about the letters but I hadnt seen any.

I like the look of the E as youve done it

Nichola_jh
26-01-2011, 09:35 AM
I think its really lovely and I love the way the letter has been incorporated like that. Very nice :)

just sally
26-01-2011, 10:04 AM
Lovely tiara, I think your E looks a lot better than a ready formed one would.
sally

nettie
26-01-2011, 11:11 PM
It's very pretty and your E looks perfect, a beautiful piece of jewellery to hand down. Sorry if i didn't reply to your query, the only things I can now think of are the initial type pendants you can buy ready made on a necklace or ones that you put on dog collars. I think your twisted wire one suits your tiara :)

Dizzydiza
27-01-2011, 08:59 AM
Thank you ladies for all your lovely comments. I have now added another tiara to the same album that I have made in silver plate. I changed the design slightly but this is the one that will be on my website and called after the little girl Erica
http://www.craftsforum.co.uk/album.php?albumid=1925&attachmentid=18237

just sally
27-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Tha is soo pretty as well,
I wish I had an excuse to buy a tiara:)
sally

Dizzydiza
09-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Yay my customer is returning for a set of rosary beads :)

Loody
09-02-2011, 06:02 PM
Your Tiaras are absolutely beautiful!!! :D

tiara sara
09-02-2011, 08:10 PM
They are beautifully, well done,