PDA

View Full Version : Asda and the cream eggs.

beadsbydesign
24-01-2011, 09:41 AM
In Asda yesterday, i put two loose cream eggs into the trolley. 50p each =1
In the same shop, you can buy a cream egg easter egg which contains an easter egg and two cadburies cream eggs for 1, so in effect it's free chocolate. well that was my excuse anyway!

nattynetty
24-01-2011, 09:51 AM
When I did my shopping in Tescos last week they had the 6 packs for 1.50 and it would have been rude to turn down such a good deal...well that's MY excuse :D Not great for my healthy eating regime but to my credit (and amazement) I bought them on Wednesday and there's still 4 of them left :o

AngelsnDiamonds
24-01-2011, 09:55 AM
Everyone in my office has a thing for cream eggs at the moment too. (my boss has even replaced the eggs in the fridge at his home with cream eggs lol) im trying to be good and resist them.. but i think it would be a sin not to have atleast one? hehe xx

Critchley
24-01-2011, 10:09 AM
This is gonna upset you all. I actually don't like them, I find them too sickly sweet. I am so pleased about it cos, given the chance I am a chocoholic.

Daesul
24-01-2011, 10:34 AM
I love them!

Talking of bargains though, in the Co-op the other day I spotted a great little tub in the reduced section that was just right for storing glaze. So I had to buy it. The fact that it was full of Halloween mini choc bars had nothing to do with my decision, honest!

nattynetty
24-01-2011, 10:45 AM
This is gonna upset you all. I actually don't like them, I find them too sickly sweet.

My hubby doesn't like them for the same reason which does mean whenever another box is finished off I have no one to blame except me :sm:

Pauline@weddingtreasures
24-01-2011, 11:10 AM
Oh wow, I think they are just so yukky and sickly and in a way I'm glad I dont like them........LOL

Pauline :)

silvermaid
24-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Oooohhh I love them !! I am trying to loose weight at the moment - for a nephews wedding in May - so I'm walking quickly past them in the shops and trying to put off buying the first one as I know it will be hard to resist a second...or third..or forth.. I think you get the idea... lol

Melanie

Roslet
24-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Anybody want mine... they are just yucky!

beadsbydesign
24-01-2011, 12:19 PM
Anybody want mine... they are just yucky!

yes please!

yummyyummyinmytummy
24-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Now that is a bargain - i'm off to do the weekly shop tonight- nad i might just pick on up. My lovely husband can have the sticky, sickly little eggs and i'll eat the chocolate egg - I LOVE cadbury's chocolate easter eggs.

mmmmmmmm

nattynetty
24-01-2011, 04:04 PM
I've just eaten one of those 4 creme eggs I had in the cupboard and I blame Karen entirely - I'd almost forgot they were there until she started this thread :mummy:

Silverthistle
24-01-2011, 04:11 PM
I've just eaten one of those 4 creme eggs I had in the cupboard and I blame Karen entirely - I'd almost forgot they were there until she started this thread :mummy:

* Consoles Natty * - Here have another one - that one egg will feel lonely playing gooseberry to the other two in the cupboard and even better its a guilt free one too ! :-)

nattynetty
24-01-2011, 04:30 PM
* Consoles Natty * - Here have another one - that one egg will feel lonely playing gooseberry to the other two in the cupboard and even better its a guilt free one too ! :-)

Don't do this to me....I'm seriously considering it!

Silverthistle
24-01-2011, 04:49 PM
Don't do this to me....I'm seriously considering it!

Alternatively you can try the Paul McKenna technique and take the one food you really really hate, put in in a bowl in your head and mix in some cream eggs . . keep mixing . . . use your hands . . keep mixing . . . makes the eggs seem less appealing . . . .

beadsbydesign
24-01-2011, 05:15 PM

not my fault at all. If they were in my house, they'd have been long gone, not sitting there tempting you. Go scoff!

jencel
24-01-2011, 05:19 PM
Think I'll have to go and buy one now. I've got the taste with all this talk of cream eggs. And I don't blame Karen at all, lol.

sherrielinda
24-01-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm another one who doesn't like them, thank goodness :)

Aviya Glass
24-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I don't like them either - so when they are all sold out you can't blame me! There is very little in the way of chocolate I can say no to, like Lindt bunnies yummmm

Pretty things
24-01-2011, 08:58 PM
I don't like them either. But when we were in Tesco at the weekend, we saw they were selling loose eggs at 50p each or three for 1.25, and a pre-packed set of three for 1. Even with my maths I knew there was something odd there!

Selina
25-01-2011, 07:36 AM
It was the same with the chocolate eclaires in Sainsburys yesterday. Two boxes of 2 were 2, or you could buy a box of 4 for 1.40!! That is definitely not a bargain! And I didn't buy any! Selina

matt.chatterley
25-01-2011, 07:52 AM
This is gonna upset you all. I actually don't like them, I find them too sickly sweet. I am so pleased about it cos, given the chance I am a chocoholic.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I sort of like the idea, but they're just too sugary for me. :)

indri
25-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Free chocolate! That is no bad thing! Better put more of those easter eggs in your trolley.

Rushden
25-01-2011, 09:14 AM
When I did my shopping in Tescos last week they had the 6 packs for 1.50 and it would have been rude to turn down such a good deal...well that's MY excuse :D Not great for my healthy eating regime but to my credit (and amazement) I bought them on Wednesday and there's still 4 of them left :o

1.49 in Morrisons this week

Planty28
25-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Nah not working on me..............

smellies.by.heidi
25-01-2011, 07:04 PM
I detest creme eggs and cant believe the easter things have been out for weeks already - what happened to seasonal !!??!!

H xx

mg75
25-01-2011, 07:07 PM
ive just this second ate one. Very sickly but yummmmmyyy!

smellies.by.heidi
25-01-2011, 07:34 PM
nooooooooooooooooooooo !!! Cadburys chocolate in general is awful !! Its gritty in texture and so not for me !!
H xx