PDA

View Full Version : Classes around Cambridge?

heavenly anarchist
06-01-2011, 02:51 PM
I'm looking into taking some classes in my spare time. I do sewing, textile art, jewellery making, polymer clay etc and just want to do a class for a bit of variety in my life. Preferably daytime as I'm at home and preferably commutable as I don't drive (though I might be able to go further afield on Saturdays with the use of the chauffeur :) )
Anyone know of any craft or sewing classes nearby?
Many thanks

nattynetty
06-01-2011, 03:07 PM
Hi

I noticed the other day that CRC are running some new part-time courses in areas like glass, pottery and printmaking although it looks like they are all in the evenings http://www.camre.ac.uk/Documents/Download-Area/PT-Prospectus-2011.pdf

It's worth checking out some of the local community centres and colleges as they'll sometimes do daytime or Saturday courses, I know Bottisham/Burwell/Soham used to run them but maybe funding has been cut as nothing came through the door this year.

heavenly anarchist
06-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Thanks, I'll look at the colleges. We haven't had brochures here recently (I live in Trumpington) though we used to get some.

Star Stealer Jewellery
20-01-2011, 04:09 PM
Hello,

If you're interested in jewellery making then Spoilt Rotten Beads (Google it as I can't put up links yet) does some fab courses at a good price. They're based just outside Ely.

Thanks,