PDA

View Full Version : baked brie en croute

removed10
15-12-2010, 01:41 AM
I have just found the most heavenly sounding recipes for baked brie en croute. I want to get the ingreds and box them up to send my daughter in NYC, for a Christmas present. I'm trying to send her things throughout the 12 days of Christmas. This is the one I'm going to send her...what does everyone think - will the pastry be okay in the mail? It's cold weather, after all...

http://www.puffpastry.com/recipedeta...ID=50003&rc=-1 (http://www.puffpastry.com/recipedetail.aspx?recipeID=50003&rc=-1)

And I will send fresh rosemary from my herb garden.

HandyWoodcrafts
15-12-2010, 02:19 AM
wakeing up at 2am after 3 hrs sleep i yawn and find a dreamy looking thing "pinches self" yup im awake lol, it looks lovely and my belly is now rumbling.

removed10
15-12-2010, 02:51 AM
Oh my!! =)

HandyWoodcrafts
15-12-2010, 03:21 AM
Sorry for my daft ramblings was still half asleep.

removed10
15-12-2010, 03:49 AM
Is this Drew or Donna? I bet Drew. Well, hope you get back to sleep and have happy dreams about baked brie!!! Maybe a crusty loaf of French bread, too...jug of wine...some pears....

HandyWoodcrafts
15-12-2010, 03:57 AM
Drew of course. 4am now this sleep malarky is doing my head in.

edit: is going to try and go back to bed now lol.

matt.chatterley
15-12-2010, 06:10 AM
Mmm. Cheese. :)

Can you get one of those 'vacuum sealed' tupperware? The ones where you can kinda pump the air out? Maybe that would help it stay fresher for longer..?

removed10
15-12-2010, 02:19 PM
I think i will buy a pretty kitchen towel, and wrap the frozen pastry (it's already sealed up in it's package) in it, along with the cold wheel of Brie, and tie it with a ribbon, and put the sprigs of rosemary in the bow. Then tuck in the other things and send it. They are all snowy and freezing there, so it is going from our cool climate to their frozen one, so should be alright... I hope. Surely it will be fine. I guess I will find out!!

Okay, just checked the two week forecast...looks like I better mail this tomorrow, as we are destined for quite lukewarm weather through the rest of December. Tomorrow night and Friday night will be around freezing though, so I should send it off...the father north it goes, the less i will have to worry, and it shouldn't take more than 4 days anyway...

Now to print the instructions on some cute Christmas paper....

jencel
15-12-2010, 03:56 PM
Looks gorgeous. I love brie, and warm brie is even better.