PDA

View Full Version : Any advice on Insitu photos please?

lcgalrey
29-11-2010, 10:32 PM
I would like to have some photos of my pictures 'insitu' as many people like to see how a picture looks within a room setting. Just wondered if anyone has any experience of this or had a photographer to help with anything similar. I am in Derbyshire if someone knows a good local photographer. Thanks.

woodwizz
30-11-2010, 08:36 PM
Are the pictures in a frame with glass?

picto
30-11-2010, 09:12 PM
I know what you mean about seeing a piece of wall art insitu, it gives the customer a better idea of how it will look and the size of the piece. The only way I have seen it done on a website is a photo of the art work is super imposed (if that is the right terminology) onto a photo of the room setting.... does that make sense?

I have seen a few web sites that do this but the only one that springs to mind without thinking too hard is ' allposters.co.uk ' (sorry I can't post links as yet) they give the option of 'seeing' the art in a number of different settings.

Sorry but I don't know how you would go about doing this but the effect is good.:p

lcgalrey
30-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Are the pictures in a frame with glass?

Most are art on canvas so no glass.

lcgalrey
30-11-2010, 10:28 PM
Thanks for that. I hope there is an answer out there somewhere as I am sure this will help with selling my pictures.

woodwizz
30-11-2010, 10:51 PM
Okay so can you just take a shot of the wall then overlay the image of your pieces onto the wall image?

bodrighy
30-11-2010, 10:56 PM
I use to do photo manipulation so if you want me to have a play PM me and we'll see if I can help.
Hidden website here (http://www.bodrighy.co.uk/wessex/index1.htm) that is now redundant but gives an idea of what can be done

pete