PDA

View Full Version : Business stamp

Seahorse
22-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Been pondering about getting my own rubber stamp done so I can use it on invoices/receipts and on the outside of envelopes I send.

Is it acceptable to have the company name AND the web address, but use it on both envelopes(which would be a help in advertising) and also admin, (where it says :from, just to save me writing it out over and over)even tho it has the web address on it.

Basically I dont want to have to fork out for 2 stamps.
Would it be ok to use a stamp with the name and website address on it for everything?

Potter Doodle Doo
22-05-2007, 04:11 PM
IMO I don't think it looks very professional if you just have your web addy on your invoices. If I've purchased something, I would prefer to see a contact number and/or address in case of query. I'm sure that others will disagree with me on this one, I guess I'm just an old fashioned secretary at heart lol.

I have a stamp that I purchased from Vistaprint along with my business cards. I think that it was less than 10 which I thought was good value.

Have you thought about making up stickers instead? You can purchase A4 sheets rather cheaply and print one lot off with your web addy for use on envelopes and another set with information for your invoices etc. You could also put a tiny picture on them too if they're large enough. I would advise you to practise on plain paper before printing stickers to ensure that you have everything lined up correctly - it's so frustrating to spend a while doing something then when you hit print it's all over the place.

Seahorse
22-05-2007, 04:27 PM
Eek!My credit card got restless and Ive just this second ordered one.
With the company name in capitals at the top and the web address smaller underneath.Looks quite pretty, in fancy lettering.

I dont have a business phone line and Im not happy having my home/business address on the site, let alone on the stamp...just had an idea, ..as a compromise it would have made more sense to put the contact email address on the stamp...then again is they are buying from me which is the only time they will see it they will already know how to contact me......oh will I never learn!!

Potter Doodle Doo
22-05-2007, 04:39 PM
LOL .... all that really matters is that you're happy with it.

It is a good idea to put it on your envelopes. Remember, it's not only the recipient who sees it! All those posties will see it and may even log on just to be nosey .... if 1% of those buys then you're in !

Good luck.

Seahorse
22-05-2007, 04:46 PM
Hehe, thats what Im hoping for.Postmen that want to treat the ladies in their lives.

I may even use it to make some kind of badge and attatch it to my bag, for ladies standing behind me in shop queues.
When i handed in my business account form the lady asked me what I made and I pointed to a brooch I was wearing which she loved, hopefully she will remember the site name on the form and have a look.

liz300art
22-05-2007, 04:50 PM
Beware the business stamp from vistaprint, the ones that swivel and then re-ink!
When mine arrive I went mad I was almost tempted to stamp on the walls but I managed to contain myself. Its just so satisfying stamping with them. I've calmed down since but its definately one of the better packaging and invoicing jobs!! Have fun with yours!
:)

Seahorse
22-05-2007, 04:52 PM
LOL!

We have one of those at work so I know what you mean.
Luckily my price range limit only covered a normal 'ink it yuorself' stamp, less fun.

Potter Doodle Doo
22-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Beware the business stamp from vistaprint, the ones that swivel and then re-ink!
When mine arrive I went mad I was almost tempted to stamp on the walls but I managed to contain myself. Its just so satisfying stamping with them. I've calmed down since but its definately one of the better packaging and invoicing jobs!! Have fun with yours!
:)

I did exactly the same ... if it wasn't nailed down it got stamped, my daughter didn't dare sit down for more than a few minutes after I threated to stamp her forehead lmao.

Talking of business forms ..... whenever my hubby goes to do the banking, every teller asks him what we do with a company name like 'Potter Doodle Doo' after he explains they think it's a great idea . . . . I've had 2 bookings for private parties from the bank!!!

littlesnuggler
22-05-2007, 09:30 PM
I have been printing my own address labels for parcels with 'Little Snuggler' on - from now on I'm going to put the www.littlesnuggler.co.uk (http://www.littlesnuggler.co.uk) on - handy advertising!! wink wink! ;)

Potter Doodle Doo
23-05-2007, 07:55 AM
I have been printing my own address labels for parcels with 'Little Snuggler' on - from now on I'm going to put the www.littlesnuggler.co.uk (http://www.littlesnuggler.co.uk) on - handy advertising!! wink wink! ;)

You need to advertise at every available opportunity, if you only have your company name, then they don't know where to find you. It's a completely different matter when you have your web addy. You never know where it will lead .... today pram accessories ... tomorrow the world :mf: LOL.

Seahorse
25-05-2007, 09:13 AM
Arrived home yesterday and there was a package for me....no idea what it was...then I opened it and it was my stamp!!!!
Its so pretty and expertly done.
I havnt used it yet at home as I didnt have any ink cleaner and didnt want to ruin it.
Im at work now and have ink and cleaner so il try it out when my boss has gone!!!

Seahorse
14-06-2007, 09:03 AM
I had a worry the other day.
If im gona use my business stamp and stamp the word jewellery onto the outside of the envelope that Im sending with my jewellery, will it increase the risk of it possibly being nicked?

Tip Top
14-06-2007, 09:55 AM
It is a good idea to put it on your envelopes. Remember, it's not only the recipient who sees it! All those posties will see it and may even log on just to be nosey .... if 1% of those buys then you're in !

Plus, if your package does not reach its destination for what ever reason, if you have a return address sticker or stamp then it comes back to you! So you've only lost the price of postage and not the value of goods twice over (cos you'd either give a refund or send a replacement).

I know this as I always stick a little label on the back and things do get returned!

So 10 is money well spent!!:D

Seahorse
25-06-2007, 04:59 PM
I bought some sticky labels at the weekend.
I then got a rubber stamp that I love, very swirly decoration, stamped that on the label in black, then as my rubber stamp just has the plain name above the site name which says 'jewellery' in it, I covered that bit so only the name showed then stamped the name on the label.
Looks quite perdy, so Im going to put those on the outer envelope, its a starting point if it does get lost.

swirlyarts
25-06-2007, 09:59 PM
I then got a rubber stamp that I love, very swirly decoration

I don't know - I thought I'd cornered the world market in swirly things!! Good idea though with the labels!

Seahorse
18-07-2007, 09:24 AM
My dad handed me a card yesterday advertising a few hundred printed small sticky labels for between 4 and 7, which I thought was quite good.
I think ive gone off the idea of putting the company name on the outside of the postal envelope as I dont want to encourage theft if it clearly says jewellery on the outside.

Cant work out of ive made this up or seen it somewhere, but do some people give labels out to customers with each purchase which those poeple can then hand onto friends?The labels would have site and contact info on it.
Is that an ok idea and do you think it would help advertising?