PDA

View Full Version : Any advise on Giveaways on Facebook?

Extra Special Touch Gifts
04-11-2010, 09:50 AM
I was chatting with a friend yesterday... who was telling me that she often uses "free giveaways" on Facebook to promote her Facebook page and in turn, get lots more likers... and then lots more business.

Has anyone else been doing this? What kind of giveawaya do you do?

Yesterday, I started a free wedding garter giveaway... and I'll see how it goes....

If anyone would like to join or (or even share with any friends who are getting married), that would be great and I will of course do the same for you :)

http://www.facebook.com/extraspecialtouch

Heidi ;)

Made in Morecambe
04-11-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi, I've just been to your page and pressed "like" I have a facebook group and do free sample giveaways on a fairly regular basis as well as special offers. It does work to a degree. I do a participation draw so people have to be online to take part. Hope it works out for you and creates some more business, fingers crossed

Extra Special Touch Gifts
04-11-2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks "made in Morecambe".. I have just joined your Facebook page too and let a post on your page (hope thats ok?)

Fingers crossed the giveaway works :))

Heidi

Made in Morecambe
04-11-2010, 10:40 AM
no problem Heidi, I'm sure we can all help each other out, spread the word etc :)

Star Stealer Jewellery
15-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Hello,

One thing that I did that really helped business was creating a Facebook competition where I asked all my current 'likers' to tell their friends about my Facebook page.

Every person who promoted my Facebook page was instantly entered into a draw to win any piece of jewellery worth 20 or less. The competition closed when I had reach my target of 50 likers.

It helped me get alot more likers and also got me a couple of extra orders - well worth giving away an item of jewellery for :)

Curious Cat
15-02-2011, 05:02 PM
I think you need to be careful with this now as FB have changed the rules regarding competitions

cj

Loody
15-02-2011, 05:02 PM
Am currently doing a giveaway for joining crafty-bitz (see below) and am entering everyone who joins in to a draw which will take place when we hit 50 :D

Silverthistle
15-02-2011, 05:18 PM
Anyone thinking about running a facebook competition should read the guidelines from facebook VERY carefully,

http://www.facebook.com/promotions_guidelines.php

I know of a few pages that have been shut down as a result of mis run competitions :-)