PDA

View Full Version : Cuttlebug Problem.

whiteangel
17-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi.

My name is Jenny, and I was wondering if anyone could help. I have a Cuttlebug machine which is approximately just under 2years old, which to date I have found to be very good. However, whilst I was using a spellbinders die to emboss, the side of the Cuttlebug popped off, and so doesn't work.

I would be most grateful if anyone can advise as to what the problem might be, and if it can be mended.

Thankyou.:confused:

Elin
17-10-2010, 09:05 PM
Hi Jenny

I've had mine for years too but never had that happen. Will it just pop back on? Maybe email cuttlebug and ask them? I couldn't be without mine!

whiteangel
20-10-2010, 07:24 PM
Hi Elin,

Thanks for replying. I have contacted 'Craft at Home', where I bought it from. She has advised that she has done the same thing, but by making the sandwich too big when using a spellbinders embossing die with an extra piece of card. Apparently the side pops off, and loosens the bearings within the machine. She has tried to get it mended, but says the pressure is never the same, so had to buy another one. I will possibly have to do the same, as same as you, I can't manage without it. I have a Cricut as well, but that obviously doesn't emboss, so the Cuttlebug is essential to my cardmaking, especially at this time of year. It does make you feel better that someone else has done a similar thing though.
Thanks again anyway, and I will look forward to looking at your blog, and hopefully speaking to you again, as I am new on the site.
Best wishes, Jenny x

Elin
20-10-2010, 10:24 PM
That's a shame Jenny. I agree - the cuttlebug is one of the most essential tools at this time of year! Good luck getting a new one or it mended.

Elin
20-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Jenny I've just seen your beautiful comment on my blog. Thank you soooo much for your lovely words! You really made my day. You are much more of an expert than you think you are - especially after a couple fo years. Believe me! I did a craft class for the womens institute last night - 26 oaps who don't watch, don't listen, don't read instructions and therefore create something worse than my 5 year old rainbows could! Now they wern't experienced. lol

JennieBean
23-10-2010, 08:25 PM
If you are without a cuttlebug...... see if you have a pasta maker hidden at the back of a kitchen cupboard, or if there is one in a cheapy shop, they arnt AS good, but still a very good cheaper option.

craftybidder
17-09-2012, 12:45 PM
Just warned the wife about the cttlebug problem thank you so much could have been a costly error that would have been so easy to do.