PDA

View Full Version : Bargain of the day !!

Blooming Felt
13-05-2007, 12:43 PM
I just HAD to tell someone who will understand my excitement (hubby hasn't got a clue and thinks I'm totally mad !)

I've just been in Laura Ashley and was looking at their remnants table and came across 2 metres of their seaside stripe fabric for 50p !!! YES, 50p !! I couldn't believe it - surely there must be some mistake I thought. So I took it up to the cash desk with a grubby little 50p in my hand and even the lady at the till was amazed !! It turns out the fabric was ex-display rather than end of roll and has a few tiny little marks in it where it had been stapled to something, so as it was classed as "used" it was only 50p !!

:mf: - YAY !!!

I shall be making regular trips to the Laura Ashley remnant table from now on !! :)

Snow angel
13-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Wow what a good find bet your well happy

beadsbydesign
13-05-2007, 01:26 PM
It doesn't take much to keep us happy does it!

You couldn't even get a bar a chocolate for that. (well I like the really huge bars!)

littlesnuggler
13-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Well done, that's excellent. Even if you don't use it you could sell it on Ebay and make a profit!!!!!!!

Buttonberry
13-05-2007, 04:10 PM
:D OMG! well done you! oh don't you just love bargains? boy's just don't understand fabric and bargains!

I got a roll of Laura Ashley Wallpaper for a 1 a while ago and have covered all sorts of things in it everyone always comments - i just smile when they say how expensive it looks! i must start hunting around there again!!

candles by lisa
13-05-2007, 06:47 PM
Great find. 50p wouldn't cover a Sunday paper let alone Laura Ashley Fabric.

Cheers.

Lisa

:mf:

Annette
13-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Lucky, lucky girl, Sarah. Doesn't it make you feel good when you get a bargain like that........:jump:

michelleC
13-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Great Bargains like that don't come along often
Well Done

Apple Tree Crafts
14-05-2007, 08:08 AM
...That's my kind of shopping!

I bought 4 metres of a Laura Ashley stripe from a car boot sale, it looked like an old fashioned boating blazer. I sold it on eBay for 25+.......chuffed with that!

Also got three 1.5 metres of Laura Ashley Sherbourne fabric in cream & lilac from a charity shop. That went for 46 on eBay.

Sadly, our Laura Ashley has closed down. It used to be inside the homabase store a few minutes walk from me, and was really handy.

Well done with your bargain Sarah...the Seaside stripe is gorgeous.

Jules

swirlyarts
14-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Hmmm - must look up my nearest Laura Ashley........ Brilliant bargain by the way :mf: