PDA

View Full Version : Low Fat Muffins

nattynetty
27-09-2010, 04:50 PM
I did a bit of baking over the weekend and made some low fat muffins and very yummy they were too :)

I made 1 batch of blueberry & banana and 1 batch of spicy apple & sultana and lets just say there's now none left....do wonder if the low fat aspect of them is slightly lost if you eat vast quantities of them :D

I got these recipes off the internet but wondered if anyone else had some low fat/healthy muffin recipes they'd care to share, pretty please :)

annstar
15-10-2010, 02:44 PM
I don't know low fat ones, but a friend of mine makes low carb muffins by substituting the flour for mashed bananas! I'm not sure exactly how it works but its meant to be a lot healthier.

Ballderdash
15-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Yum! None of mine are low fat really I'm afraid. I'm rebelling against the last two years when I had gall stones and couldn't eat any cake at all!

annstar
12-11-2010, 01:44 PM
I think cake is best enjoyed with a cup of coffee mmmmm, this is making me hungry now!

Melissa
12-11-2010, 01:48 PM
they sound yummy! but I don't have any recepies Im afraid! The internet is great for finding new exciting recipes though isn't it - I use it all the time!

Silverthistle
12-11-2010, 01:52 PM
I have been making muffins with gluten free flour recently as well - they are yummy - even the cats like them ! its a delicate recipe too and they have to be eaten within 48 hours as the gluten free flour doesn't keep well even when baked, they are so scummy though they don't usually last more than 24 hours though . . . . I have postponed the next diet start date till after the new year as well

indri
12-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Cake + low fat is just wrong. But Muffins are very tasty and I am very jealous!

gchilinski
12-11-2010, 06:26 PM
I have a Weight Watchers recipe for blueberry muffins and they have low fat natural yoghurt in which I assume replaces the cream?? I have never made full fat ones so i'm not quite sure what goes in them! They are very nice though and very light!

annstar
22-11-2010, 04:39 PM
Ooh could you post the recipe if you have it for the Weight Watchers recipe? I'm trying to diet too but keey postponing it...!

gchilinski
22-11-2010, 09:19 PM
Ooh could you post the recipe if you have it for the Weight Watchers recipe? I'm trying to diet too but keey postponing it...!

Hey yes no problem!

200g (7 oz) plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarb of soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
75 g (2 3/4 oz) caster sugar
a pinch of salt
75 g (2 3/4 oz) margarine (melted)
100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) low-fat natural yoghurt
100ml (3 1/2 fl oz) skimmed milk
1 medium egg
200g (7oz) fresh bluberries (or fruit of your choice)

I hope you enjoy them, it says there are 155 calories per muffin which is 2.5 points on WW. x

LaraCraft
25-11-2010, 01:13 PM
Nice thanks!
I love muffins but I think all of you know the bad feeling after eating a few muffins :D:D
Maybe this will help :D