PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision...

swirlyarts
09-05-2007, 08:47 PM
....is everyone ready for Eurovision at the weekend then?? Terry prattling on, outrageous outfits and me and Matt laughing at everyone! I LOVE Eurovision!! If you do watch it then put subtitles on - it's hilarious watching the poor subtitler trying to keep up with Terry :mf:

littlesnuggler
09-05-2007, 09:04 PM
I think Terry's brilliant, he just takes the mick... Let's face it, you can't take it seriously can you? :mf:

candles by lisa
09-05-2007, 09:16 PM
I don't think I have watch the Eurovision Song Contest since Bucks Fizz one it!!! hehe.

I will be at a 2 day craft fair this weekend and it is about and hours drive away so will just have a few classes of wine and fall into my bed on Saturday before I have the drive back through again on Sunday morning. It had better be worth it!!!!! The way my luck has been lately will be chucking it down and wont make a bean!!!.

Cheers

Lisa:D

Potter Doodle Doo
09-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I admit, I'm one that usually watches it. My 6 year old daughter also loves to watch it too, she adores watching the singing and dancing. I won't get to see it this year though as I'm away at my suppliers from tomorrow until Monday morning for some workshops that they are running.

swirlyarts
09-05-2007, 09:41 PM
You will both have to tape it!!! I'll be watching with some wine.....

Potter Doodle Doo
09-05-2007, 09:42 PM
LOL .. my hubby already complains that I take up too much time on sky+ I may get to watch the results if I'm not drinking in the hotel bar :jump:

icecreamgirl
09-05-2007, 10:10 PM
If it's on Saturday i'll be glued to Grease is the Word... THE thing to watch on a Sat night,
oh i could soooo be Sandy if only there wasn't so much icecream to make......
Not sure about hubbie making it as Danny, although i'm sure he's got a leather jacket somewhere.....
now where did i leave my bobby socks.....

Apple Tree Crafts
10-05-2007, 08:08 AM
....I only watch it for Our Tel. He's the best thing about it. I don't often get near the tv remote though....

Can't believe those Finns won last year....just outrageous brass necks!

Jules

indri
10-05-2007, 09:41 AM
I've got some friends coming over for a Eurovision and Waffles evening... I'm even going to get them to score each contestant and there will be a prize for the one who gives the most points to the winner....

:playball:

swirlyarts
10-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Indri - I like your idea!! How sad am I? I'm sat making business cards and I'm watching the semi finals on BBC 3!!!

swirlyarts
10-05-2007, 08:15 PM
It's a shame that some of these acts in the semi's won't get through and be subjected to Terry's vitriol - Israel's was funny!!

indri
10-05-2007, 09:13 PM
I don't get BBC 3 so can't enjoy that pleasure of Israels entry.

swirlyarts
10-05-2007, 09:27 PM
Hopefully Israel along with Denmark will be through - great!! Switzerland is very good too

Sparklez
10-05-2007, 11:33 PM
caught a bit of the semi final earlier, was it the Swedes who were singing about vampires? Scary bunch, whoever they were!!

nattynetty
10-05-2007, 11:59 PM
Ooooh I love Eurovision...the first record I ever bought was Bucks Fizz:o

Love our entry this year (although not in the kind of way that I'd buy it) as it's so cheesy and camp - has me and hubby in stitches when it's on :D

No Eurovision night for me like Indri has planned (so jealous) as none of my friends 'get' it and think it's just totally naff - they don't realise that's the whole point and what makes it so good :p

Mary
11-05-2007, 12:16 AM
Didn't realise there were so many TOG's around...... oh, and a few TYG's too.

Apple Tree Crafts
11-05-2007, 07:16 AM
.....although I'm only 40.

Himself is 46 (almost) and I'm having to physically restrain him from buying biege. He thinks he can get away with it by calling it 'stone'......

Jules