PDA

View Full Version : setting up a jewellery course

gbell
11-09-2010, 02:34 PM
I am thinking about setting up a half day course for brides and their bridesmaids to make their own jewellery, sort of a hen night idea. I have premises where I can do it.

I am after some advice really on what other people who have ran courses, think beginners can achieve, say in 3 hours? I was thinking maybe a pair of earrings, a bracelet and a pendant

also what sort of price per person?

MornieG Jewellery
11-09-2010, 10:15 PM
Hi gbell.
http://www.bijouxbeads.co.uk/acatalog/Bead_classes.html

These people do full and half day courses and the spec will tell you what they think people can acheive and the costs are there too. I went on a couple someone gave me as a gift early on. The class was small max 6 people, with a competant teacher, even better. You can be fantastic at your craft and not good at showing others how its done, you need to be super patient. Materials were extra as you have a choice.

The whole day one I went on 6 hrs, was a basic starter to stringing and we completed necklace, earrings and bracelet some of us had time to spare and did more but others struggled to get everything finished. Did another one on wire work and made a large necklace, earrings and tiara in the day but again not everyone made that amount.

This is the only one I have done so can't comment on any other Mo.XX

gbell
12-09-2010, 06:29 PM
thanks for that Mo, gives me a starting point

Silverthistle
12-09-2010, 06:42 PM
Hiya gbell,

I used to run watch making class's as well as basic bead weaving as well, I used to charge 12 per person for a 2 hour session and in that time we used to complete a watch or half a bead weaving bracelet, used to include the watch face or basic beads but if they wanted to upgrade and bring there own I supplied the quantity and size though so that the pattern still worked

Hope this helps :)