PDA

View Full Version : South East England - Christmas Cards and Gifts

foaley04
03-09-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi all,
This is my first year making and selling my crafts - they are handmade, oil painted and gilded Christmas Cards, coasters and placemats. My budget isn't huge, but I'm looking to do three or four fairs in London, Essex, Kent and other areas around London, costing up to 100 per one. My products sell for up to 10 each. Can anyone let me know what good and bad experiences they've had? I've seen there is a bit of skepticism on this forum about Avalon Events, I had been recommended them by a friend, for those that haven't had problems with cancelling bookings do you normally manage to do good business with them?
Thanks,
Jamie

foaley04
03-09-2010, 02:08 PM
I've seen there is a bit of skepticism on this forum about Avalon Events, I had been recommended them by a friend, for those that haven't had problems with cancelling bookings do you normally manage to do good business with them?
So having done a bit of research, the event in Essex has been cancelled by the Park Inn Hotel due to a lack of committment / general communication from Avalon, but surprise surprise, you can still pay Avalon for a table on their website. Something to do with avoiding and plagues springs to mind?

marie4543
03-09-2010, 03:43 PM
If you do organise any craft fairs I would definately be interested.:)