PDA

View Full Version : First Craft/Art Fair......

gemnmoo
30-08-2010, 12:02 PM
My MIL's church is doing an Art/Craft fair and is already using some of my photographic work

since I recently started the whole novelty cake thing about 2 weeks and shes saw the cake and all the little cake toppers I've made so far she said I should make a cake (I'll make a fake one!) for it along with some photographs of other stuff I can do like the cupcakes and leave a business card (I dont have any yet!!!!!) Im excited but nervous I'm just about to register my home with EH have F&H cert so nothing stopping me really I have written up costings and everyone so far thinks im under selling myself!

My prices start at 15 for a 20cm sq cake fondant covered which includes one large model person/animal etc, 2 small ones i.e bugs, and name blocks or just the letters (up to 6 letters)

is this too little?

have included pics of what I've made so far I havent made any other cakes yet as I'm waiting for the dummys to arrive :)

Lilac Moon
30-08-2010, 12:12 PM
I would have no idea how to about how to price these, but they look fantastic. TBH I think 15 for the whole cake is not enough. people pay 10 for a plain iced one with photo on so you should be at least 25. after all it is something very special.

Ballderdash
30-08-2010, 12:32 PM
FAR TOO LITTLE! No time now as I'm off out, but I'm just starting up 'properly' although Mum has been doing it for years and I'm reviewing our pricing (she's been undercharging). Would love to discuss with you/keep up to date seeing as we're at the same stage. You can message me on here, or through me FB page if you want to compare prices etc.

Becky x

gemnmoo
30-08-2010, 12:43 PM
thanks I sat down the other day a wrote a price list out I'm not really including the time it takes me to make the models which can be couple of hours for some shall send you a message! :)

Selina
30-08-2010, 08:23 PM
I have absolutely no experience of cakes at all but I would have thought 15 was way too little. I think 25 is nearer the mark too, Selina