PDA

View Full Version : Christening cake topper request

alibear
24-08-2010, 11:54 PM
I am having a baby in 3 months and the Christening is going to be very soon after it has been born (fingers crossed) - as the vicar is going on sabbatical for a year and not being replaced.

For our first born we bought a beautiful noahs ark polymer clay cake topper and I iced the cake with messy peaked icing covered in blue 'edible' glitter. It looked amazing.
My cake icing skills have not improved since then and so another water based bible story is required and I'm thinking Jonah and the Whale unless anyone has a better suggestion.

More importantly I will need a whale with a little man in it's mouth made out of polymer clay for the cake (assuming I stick with Jonah and the whale.) I think rough measurements are about 3 inches long about 2 inches wide and 2-3 inches tall - I will need to check these though against the ark. Does anyone think they would be able to do this for me and if so can you send me a link to any similar items you have made and a rough idea of cost please? Feel free to PM me. I don't need this until November so have a month or so before I need to make up my mind.

Critchley
25-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Lovely to hear that you are having a baby. Have you kept that quiet or did I miss an announcement? Well now we know we want regular updates please so we can enjoy it with you. Can't help with the cake topper though, very clever crafters who make them.

Caroleecrafts
25-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Try Pauline of Wedding Toppers (http://wedding-toppers.com/)her work is beautiful and I am sure she could make what you want.

indri
25-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Try Pauline of Wedding Toppers (http://wedding-toppers.com/)her work is beautiful and I am sure she could make what you want.

She did my daughters Christening cake topper and it looked brilliant.

Good luck with the rest of the pregnancy and the birth etc. Sounds like you'll be busy soon after the birth organising the event!!

Pauline@weddingtreasures
25-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Thanks for the references and please do give me a buzz if you want me to get in touch with you..... .oh sorry, meant to say that yes I would be able to make the topper in the way you have described it.

Pauline :)

alibear
25-08-2010, 08:53 PM
Great! Thanks everyone. Will be in touch Pauline once I have found the ark to compare measurements with - I'd like them to feel that they were treated the same and not have one bigger than the other.

Pauline@weddingtreasures
26-08-2010, 07:53 AM
Not a problem :) and one suggestion would be for you to send me the ark and I can match the sizes.

Or just measure it and send me a picture - lol

Pauline :)