PDA

View Full Version : Cricut cake

moni219
17-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi i have just seen this in c&c,and thought i would ask if ant one has one,or
used one. I do's look good, only it is a lot of money. I do have a cricut cutter
and it is very good.they say you can use the same carts in it.lol:d

perfectangel
17-08-2010, 09:19 PM
I did see they were now on C&C...the prices is extortionate though!! I am sure you can get them for at least 100.00 if not 200.00 cheaper elsewhere...

I don't have one I'm afraid so can't help... try as i might I can't justify the price (even on flexi-pay)

Why not have a hunt around youtube so you can see people using it.

If you love your cricut then you will probably love the cricut cake the question is do you love it enough to spend a nice holidays worth of money on it :)

nettie
18-08-2010, 01:23 AM
I saw this too, 400 odd wasn't it?! Mind you it did look really clever =)

moni219
18-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi all ,yes it is a lot of money.I am in the States in Dec,may look then to see if they
are any cheaper,lol.

shazeroo
20-08-2010, 09:56 PM
ive been looking at this too.
the cheapest ive found is about 260 - if you google it it comes up with a shopping results list - this was the best price

could be tempted to talk to father Christmas nicely

moni219
21-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Hi,thats great,only was it in the uk?because of import TAX.

arizanne
16-03-2011, 11:40 AM
The Cricut cake is my new toy and the scope is amazing, I have been a professional cake decorator for 15 years and this machine is worth every penny to me, and yes you can use all the other cartridges as well as the cake ones, tho I am in doubt that you could use the ones designed for the cricut imagine machine, but all the others are fine to use.

If you make loads of cakes then this is a boon, but in my opinion not worth the money if you only make a couple of cakes a year.

Jayne1873
19-03-2011, 08:48 AM
I have one of these bought it in the states when I was over there last easter and at the moment it is sitting in the garage gathering dust. I cannot get on with at all, cannot get a decent cut from it although I have tried different pastes, putting it in freezer etc etc and still can not get paste thin enough or cut neat enough.
My husband is forever moaning about it. I did meet a few people at the NEC who could not get it to work properly either and even spoke to the lady demonstrating it at the NEC but still hate the blooming thing.
If you buy one in the states rememeber you will need an adapter to be able to use it over here