PDA

View Full Version : Which Printer..?

unicorn
15-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Just starting to branch out into more computer based papers etc ( CD's & such..)
Can anyone recommend a decent printer. I have a 3-in-1 at the moment and the quality is not really good enough for what I want.

Caroleecrafts
15-08-2010, 02:52 PM
I use an HP 3 in 1 Photosmart and the reproduction is brilliant. What inks are you using, I know everyone seems to champion the refills and cheap versions but I only use original ink, finding it gives a much better quality and as I print on fabric do not have a problem with bleeding or smudging.

JKS
15-08-2010, 03:27 PM
I also have an HP printer (uses the 300 cartridges) and have to say the quality is the best I have used and I have bought/used many, many printers. Have to say that although in the past I have used the look-a-like cartridges, for card-making (printing photographs and decoupage) I prefer the real Mccoy.

Jill

xavtia
15-08-2010, 10:22 PM
I also have a HP photosmart which produces great pictures, they are currently on offer in tesco, but there are 2 versions so would recommend the one with individual inks. Also have an A3 brother which produces decent pictures, this brother is more fussy about the paper than the hp but they both have their good points.

Classical Genesis
19-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I have an HP all in one printer which prints double sided, saves massively on paper when I'm printing 100 pages of lesson notes.

I had an Epson, great printer but got rid of it because of ink usage and have found HP is more economical but I am sure that other makers will claim better statistics. Whatever manufacturer you choose the same issues arise. The technology is in the ink cartridge not in the printer and it can cost as much to replace all the ink cartridges as it can to buy the printer. I tend to buy from reputable retailers on eBay. I bought a complete set of original HP cartridges last week for 65.00 and the closest to that from an official HP outlet was 118.50, it pays to shop around.

If you require quality, especially with photographic work you will need to buy the manufacturers own ink products and also their own paper, the difference is quite startling if you mix these up with cheaper generic products. I have thrown bundles of stuff away in the past because of inferior results, great for plain documents but not for professional output.

Good luck...................Clive

tasla
12-10-2010, 10:21 PM
i think you should prefer a printer that spe******es in photo printing.
If you want good quality, you should buy original ink catridges and high quality photo paper.
Also, take a look at the printer's preferences and settings. Some options are very helpful!

paul platten
08-02-2011, 12:05 PM
If you only need black then look at the Brother H2035 printer. You can buy toner refils and reset the cartridges .. we print out about 3000+ pages for about 5 of toner which makes them really economic if you are using it for invoices etc

Paul

www.sanctuarybeads.co.uk

whipbabby
24-07-2011, 05:20 PM
Hi how to fix or cancel the lined up printing work? i want to print this particular content and my printer is giving me the last content i printed and not the one i need. im wasting printer inks and money for this. second prob, i cant locate my control panel.

thanks

dreamees
24-07-2011, 05:48 PM
We use a continuous ink system with all our printers (both business and personal). We have two Epson P50's and a Epson SX415. The P50 does take card whereas the SX415 doesnt, though both are good printers. The CISS is a great way to save money on ink aswell, especially if you plan on printing a lot from Craft CD's like we do.
Hayley
xox

Classical Genesis
24-07-2011, 05:49 PM
Print cues can get a bit messed up from time to time and this has happened to me many times over the years. The easiest solution it to open the windows control panel and uninstall the printer from there. Unplug the printer from the computer and reboot the computer. Reinstal the printer using the software supplied with the printer when it was new or, if you don't have it, download the latest software and driver from the Manufacturers site on the internet and instal that one. Connect your printer to the computer and reboot it with the printer turned on.

Hopefully everything will work....................Clive