PDA

View Full Version : Excited!

microburt
22-07-2010, 02:47 PM
As you may know, I have been making Polymer clay beads for a while but have found that I ran out of steam due to a lack of equipment. Well, due to sales of my jewellery, I have now been able to invest in an extruder, bead roller and a few other bits. I am also expecting a pasta machine any day now! So I am hoping the quality of my designs will improve as well as my options in terms of techniques. I also bought a book which has helped introduce me to different techniques.

Anyway, I just made my first set of beads using the extruder and bead roller- I just need to bake them and finish them, but I'll upload a pic later! I am also waiting on a set of sandpaper from the USA to polish my items to a shiney shine!

All very exciting.

A xxzx

Planty28
22-07-2010, 03:08 PM
Fab news - look forward to seeing the pic.

Jonesi
22-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I love my pasta machine and extruder! The pasta machine makes blending and conditioning soo much easier, you'll love it!

celticmix
22-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Looking forward to seeing your polymer clay beads. Just visited your sites, you have some beautiful jewellery.

microburt
22-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Looking forward to seeing your polymer clay beads. Just visited your sites, you have some beautiful jewellery.

Thanks!

I have made my beads and made them into a bracelet- here it is!

A xxxhttp://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f1SSMW77zS4/TEik0n9IiHI/AAAAAAAAAI4/5BuFZy_QCek/s1600/IMG_3234.jpg

craftybeader
22-07-2010, 10:08 PM
These are fantastic, well done!

Bev478
22-07-2010, 11:03 PM
Looks like money well spent :) Lovely bracelet.

clayqueen
23-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Wow i love your braclet and took a look at your fb page and want all your jewelery!!I felt the same when i bought my pasta machine it makes your life so much easier. I am still in love with my extruder gun the effects i can now create as never ending;)

microburt
23-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Thanks guys! Glad you all like it... I am really hoping my pasta machine will come today. Yay!

silverjewelleryworkshop
23-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Lovely bracelet, I remember how excited I was when I first got my pasta maker. I've just booked to come back to the UK for a day course on Polymer clay with Sue Heaser, I can't wait!!

Caroline

microburt
23-07-2010, 11:30 AM
WOW! I want to go on a course. How much does it cost, if you don't mind my asking? The pasta maker hasn't come today so will have to wait till Monday now :-(

craftybeader
23-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Lovely bracelet, I remember how excited I was when I first got my pasta maker. I've just booked to come back to the UK for a day course on Polymer clay with Sue Heaser, I can't wait!!

Caroline

Wow lucky you Caroline!
I have been at a couple of workshops in my area, which I have found really helpful. I have also just bought Donna Katos book which blows my mind (although not attempted anything from there yet)lol

ejralph
25-07-2010, 12:28 PM
I remember well how I was buzzing with ideas when I first got my pasta machine. It was just so easy to roll out clay at long last - making sheets to layer or roll up into canes, making blends and so much more.

I have always said - she who dies with the most tools, wins.