PDA

View Full Version : Albums

Dinky Lady
23-04-2007, 01:45 PM
Ladies,

Never done scrapbooking before (only cardmaking) but i do sell some bits on my website.

In order to get it right, do you have advice on the best albums to buy etc?

Thanks

swirlyarts
23-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Just make sure that they are acid free. Thats about the extent of my scrapbooking knowledge!!

lizan
23-04-2007, 10:30 PM
Well thats just top of the list a must but everyone likes diff sizes etc so a few diff types/sizes is ideal to start,,,,lizan

Peter
23-04-2007, 11:06 PM
Ladies,

Never done scrapbooking before (only cardmaking) but i do sell some bits on my website.

In order to get it right, do you have advice on the best albums to buy etc?

Thanks

Ahem!....................Ladies? :sm:

candles by lisa
24-04-2007, 08:40 AM
Quite partial to a bit of Franz Ferdinand just now - ow sorry not that kind of album!!! lol.

Funkyhand
24-04-2007, 09:23 AM
Hi,
I do a bit of scrapbooking. Most of my scrapping is digital now but I have got a few albums.
It really depends on the scrapper, some people like 12'' x 12'' because it gives you lots of room on the page to put pictures, embellishments and journalling, others like 8'' x 8'' or 6'' x 6" because they are less time consuming to complete as they are so much smaller and they are great for giving a gifts. There are alot of new ideas coming over from America (home of scrapbooking) like paper bag albums, which are just that American style brown paper lunch bags, attached together to make an album.
There are loads of scrapbooking sites on the web, have a look at a few and you will see loads of ideas.
You really just have to decide what your customers will be interested in and also consider the space you have available for storage of your stock.
That was certainly a reason why my first sets of printed paper that I designed were 8" x 8"..I just don't have the room to store 12" x 12" papers in any numbers!
Good luck with your decision.
Anice xx :):)

euston-74
24-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Hi there,
Also think about the postage on 12x12 albums; I've been selling very cheap ones and spending most of my markup mailing them!
Mel

CleoCrafts
25-04-2007, 11:29 AM
hey, thanks for asking the question for me.... i think we will buy a selection of 8x8 and 12x12 and see which sell better first.... most of the scrapbooking websites don't say what is their top seller, but some do, so have a look around!!

cheers,
louise

Memories4ever
25-04-2007, 06:48 PM
I teach scrapbooking and sell the albums. By far my best selling size is 12x12.

It's also the size I use the most, and you tend to sell what you demonstrate....

Other considerations - depends what market you're aiming for. Crafts who make scrapbooks will want fun colourful albums, but won't neccessarily be as interested in longevity if they are just making them for fun. A paper bag album is a case in point.

If you have clients who want to document their family photos to pass down the generations, you need to have quality albums that are labelled acid and lignin free. (PVC free is important too)

emmag
03-06-2007, 08:59 PM
I am a 12x12 girl. I have completed 6 albums. I do use the 6x6 or 8x8 to make for prezzies. They are great too. I like the albums with the suede effect covers at the mo.

cant_stop_stampin
04-06-2007, 02:37 PM
I have, today orderd 2 albums from Studio cards, as they were 12"x12" and being sold off instead of 9.99 they are just 2.99! WITH 12 inserts.

AND - I've just bought for 20 from Lakeland their 12"x12" book of 180 papers which I think is a bargain. I went to a craft shop yesterday and bought papers at 49p to 75p each.

OBVIOUSLY I don't know what quality these papers are? or the scrapbook/album - but as I'm still practicing too - then I don't want to keep spend spend spending as I have been.

Good luck.

Sade Setchfield
17-07-2007, 04:55 PM
i def prefer 12 x 12 my self ! and i def agree with having different sorts of designs on teh covers !

samsq
03-08-2007, 07:32 PM
Something to consider... Be sure that when an album is sold as 12x12 that the page protectors are actually that size.

You can get many albums (not always the cheaper makes) that appear to be correct, then when you go to add your beautiful LO to the protector, it won't fit! This goes for all size albums.

Don't buy on what the catalogue says. Buy when you have actually seen and measured the item. This goes for scrappers who are in a shop buying an album. I keep a tape measure on me for this purpose!

HTHs

Sam xx