PDA

View Full Version : Spotty Brick Doorstop

Buttonberry
22-04-2007, 06:59 PM
Hi everyone, i thought i would have a go at posting images in my threads and show you a little doorstop project i did the other weekend (i wanted a nice project to do outside in the sun + my back door simply refused to stay open, it was like it didn't want to let any sunshine in!!)

I just got a bog standard brick that was laying around in the garden (i'm not sure it is normal to just have bricks laying about - but nevermind!) I wrapped it in newspaper and a little fleece to soften it a bit. I then taped black felt to the base, i figured a dark fabric would be best for the base. Then i measured out my oil cloth and stitched the four sides so that the brick would slot nicely inside. I then just pinked the edges of the fabric and 'glue gunned' into place.

http://www.buttonberry.com/images01/doorstop2.jpg

http://www.buttonberry.com/images01/doorstop.jpg
I found this idea in one of my Cath Kidston books.....

EMEvans
22-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Thats a good idea, i would never of thought of that. I can't have things like that in my house as my little girl is into and on everything at the moment, she's real desructive and only 15 months of age!

candles by lisa
22-04-2007, 08:03 PM
That's an excellent idea. And so many uses, holding open doors obviously, and if my husband gets a bit lippy I could smack him about the head with it!!! Excellent!!!:mf: :mf:

Only joking it is a brillant idea!!!

Ruby-designs
22-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Smacking hubby with it made me laugh, think of 101 things you can do with a house brick...besides building a wall!
Tie them to your shoes to give you hight;)

Buttonberry
22-04-2007, 09:56 PM
Haha thanks guys, not sure i can condone violence with said doorstop....the mods will have my guts for garters.... i'm practically showing you how to make weapons! However you will notice it was made out of wipe clean material - in case of PMS accidents ;)

marypainter
11-05-2007, 11:22 AM
Hey thanks for sharing the idea. Seems pretty useful :D