PDA

View Full Version : Fabric for bag making

name
24-06-2010, 11:35 AM
Hi all

Does anyone know where i can get some lovely thick fabric that is suitable for making bags. I would love to get some fabric similar to the fabric monsoon/accessorize use for their bags, with lots of beads and sequins.

Thanks guys

Nat

MornieG Jewellery
24-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Sorry Nat but I don't see how we can know which bags you mean without a picture, they do so many. The heavier fabrics could be upholstery weight and if you found some you like you could add your own beads and sequins ? Maybe some remants would be cost effective for you, I sell quite a bit through my OVERLOAD shop on Misi for bags. http://www.misi.co.uk/shop_info.php?domain=overload
Mo.XX

alibear
24-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Curtain weight fabric is good for bags aswell without having the problem of it being too thick for a sewing machine to get through when several seams meet in one place. I buy most of my fabrics for bag making from a curtain fabric stall on the market.

name
25-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Thanks for your help ladies, theres a couple of curtain stalls in a market i know of in east london, so i'll try there.

Nat
x

sewpumpkin
27-06-2010, 09:05 PM
I have made some lovely bags using material from Ikea, some of theirs is a really good weight for bags and very reasonably priced. Although if you are looking for beads and sequins they wouldnt be much good

foxy-s
27-06-2010, 09:08 PM
I love Amy Butler. She has designed some fab heavier weight fabrics for her home dec selections.

sharon
04-07-2010, 05:35 AM
Try an Asian fabric shop - they do fab sequined fabric. You could always then interline the bag to make it more substantial