PDA

View Full Version : covering scrapbook covers

liland
22-06-2010, 10:05 AM
Hey there

I'm pretty new to scrapboking, but wanted to make a couple for family and friends.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I like things just so! I have in my mind the kind of scrapbook I want to make, but I'm having problems finding a plain book to start with.

Is starting with a plain chipboard scrapbook a good idea? Can you cover the whole cover, to make it plain black for example? Or should I just buy some plain black mountboard and make my own albums to work with? Is there a good place people go for plain scrapbook albums?

Thanks!

krafty1
23-06-2010, 12:03 AM
I got some really good quality ones from Paperchase last year and covered them and tied ribbon around the binding rings to make them look more attractive. You can certainly get cheaper ones but if it's for a special occasion then these were worth the money. They've got a plain black one if that's what you're after.

Here' s few here to give you an idea...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b?ie=UTF8&me=A25UKN2GV2CY2G

liland
23-06-2010, 09:59 AM
oo I'd forgotten about them, thanks! Really sad my local paperchase store has closed :(

Germaine
23-06-2010, 12:26 PM
Hey there

I'm pretty new to scrapboking, but wanted to make a couple for family and friends.
I'm a bit of a perfectionist, and I like things just so! I have in my mind the kind of scrapbook I want to make, but I'm having problems finding a plain book to start with.

Is starting with a plain chipboard scrapbook a good idea? Can you cover the whole cover, to make it plain black for example? Or should I just buy some plain black mountboard and make my own albums to work with? Is there a good place people go for plain scrapbook albums?

Thanks!

Hi,
Making a scrapbook from scratch is very exciting, I have workshops for doing them - but if you want to buy ready albums and decorate cover with rubber stamps or stencils then you best bet is the Home Sense Store - they have 12x12 fabric covered albums in neutral colours for 5/- pounds each - where imagination can run wild!! Hope this helps! specially as you say you are a bit of a perfectionist, and I know how you will feel about making one yourself!! Good Luck!

Bye for now,