• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cushycrafts
    Junior crafter
    • Jun 2010

Hiya, just want to introduce myself!!!

Hi everyone.....

Came across this forum by accident today whilst trawling the net for sewing websites. I'm already a member of another forum for sewing but as I am "crafty" so to speak, thought I'd have a peek on here too.

I like to make anything but sewing is my biggest (and most expensive hobby).

To name some of the crafts I do.......

Sewing, Knitting, Crocheting, Cross Stich, Folk art painting (pots), beading (tassels for my sewing projects), patchwork quilting, handmade cards.

I also like to make my own scented room and linen sprays, handmade lavender sachets and pommanders, and today I've been making a teddy bear.

So as you can see my crafts are varied. In my quest to do my bit for the environment I have been making patchwork bags for friends and work colleagues that have been a big hit. I enjoy making items and have joined in a couple of local craft fayres but was hoping to see what is on offer in my region. I don't want to go far afield as there's no point and I don't have that much to sell or time to make it. I tend to make something and if it's not a gift, sell it on. That helps me pay for more stuff for my ever increasing fabric stash and craft hoard
    This weekend I have made new covers for my garden swing seat that was destined for the tip which I consider to be a recycle project now. It's turned out really well even though I had a slight mishap with my measurements.

I always try to keep busy and I'm trying to organise myself so that my creations are in advance of the season - ie. I'm going to start my Christmas projects in the summer holidays.

I live in the Leicestershire countryside but we don't have much in the way of craft shops so most of my purchases are off the internet and I do get carried away sometimes with my purchases.

Anyway, that's enough about me so thanks everyone for taking the time to read this.
    Cushycrafts
  • Lilac Moon
    Mega Crafter
    • Jul 2008

hehe welcome to the forum, you are in the right place, for crafty madness.
    Handmade jewellery, to buy gifts or just to treat yourself visit my website, commissions welcome or join me on facebook for a chat

Comment

• Critchley
      Super Moderator
      Super mega humungous crafter with too much time on their hands and chats too much!
      • Jun 2008

Good to see you here. You sound like a busy crafter, look forward to chatting.
      Carol
      God helps them that help themselves.

Comment

• dreamstar
        Super crafter
        • Jan 2010

Hello and a warm to the forum.
        Loved your post, sounded like you make all the things i love making too. I have just started making teddies also.
        Lisa x
        http://www.dreamstardiary.blogspot.com
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/cottonsanddreams/
        New Blog http://stylesofcooking.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Curious Cat
          Mega Crafter
          • Feb 2010

Hi and welcome

cj
          www.curiouscatcreative.co.uk
          Become a facebook fan