PDA

View Full Version : Working out best way to package something..

CleoCrafts
13-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Hi folks,

We have some new funky bags in stock (the tote-ally cool range from AMM if you know it) and I have no idea what is the best way to package them up for posting. They are about maybe 30cm high with a square base - i think probably a box would be best but does this hike the postage costs away up? Or bubble wrap, brown paper? Or one of those plastic self-seal hard-wearing envelopes? Anyone have something similar they would be posting - my usual stuff either fits in a jiffy envelope or is box-shaped so easy to wrap up!

thanks in advance,
Louise x

www.cleocrafts.co.uk (http://www.cleocrafts.co.uk)

Seahorse
13-04-2007, 10:51 AM
Yep, the bigger the pack the moe its gona cost.
Maybe get the smallest size box you can fit it in comfortably then pack the inner unused space with bubble wrap or that shredded paper stuff.

euston-74
13-04-2007, 01:03 PM
I started off with all sorts of boxes - chippings, shredded paper combinations but now I do nearly everything in bubble wrap and brown paper to minimise the size and weight as much as possible. No one has complained yet - just be sure to use plenty of tape and tuck in any edges that could get snagged.
Mel

liz300art
13-04-2007, 04:23 PM
I was hoping to get hold of some pizza type boxes to post out my handbags but I haven't found the right type yet.
if they are not ( your packages )A4 and below the 2.5cm width regulation, then the size that you end up with doesn't really matter.
Its then all down to weight.
brown paper is always good!

Seahorse
13-04-2007, 04:24 PM
I think www.bagnboxman.co.uk do pizza boxes, have yuo tried them?

liz300art
13-04-2007, 04:27 PM
they do they look, good although I'll have to work out the finances first! thank you

CleoCrafts
13-04-2007, 04:29 PM
I think I might try one wrapped in bubble wrap and brown paper, throw it aorund and bit and see how it fares first!! Re pizza boxes, we bought in a hundred for posting out our scrapbooking papers and we have only sold the papers via our class, so have not used one of those boxes yet!!! At least they come in a flat pack!!

louise x

www.cleocrafts.co.uk (http://www.cleocrafts.co.uk)