PDA

View Full Version : Can you get framed galss?

elwoodprints
26-05-2010, 02:00 PM
Hey all,

Sorry random question! But I've just got into glass painting and I suddenly starting looking at anything and everything glass that I might be able to paint on, as you do! And I thought it would be cool and cheap (cos I'm broke) to buy those clip photoframes that are just glass and board but here's the proble - how to finish them!

They would look so much better with like a leaded frame and how do i attach a hook to hang them! Any ideas?

Thanks x

Craft5m4n
27-05-2010, 11:26 PM
Can't you paint a leaded frame on the glass. Not sure what you are trying to achieve here. Do you want to hang them on the wall or hang them in the window like a suncatcher?

elwoodprints
29-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Either's good - I just wanted a nice framed professional finish?

Pjkardz
02-06-2010, 11:34 PM
Its ages & ages since I did any glass painting but one of the first things I did was with clip frames. I got some mounts to fit & used this as a template to do a frame for a photo. Its probably not quite what you were thinking about doing but as I remember the finished result was quite pretty.

Seahorse
03-06-2010, 09:42 AM
You can get some copper tape, a soldering tool from Homebase(less than 10)and solder and do it easily yourself.Have a look at creative glass guild site, contact them and ask what youl need, they have everything.
Alternatively Hobbycraft sell glass panels with soft, safe edges that have holes in the top to make it easy to hang.

johnalbert
05-07-2010, 09:49 AM
My glass painting has butt-strip frame. This simple frame not only protects the painting.Other glass painting has simple wood frames or attach wood strips on the sides.Both are really look very nice.

elwoodprints
08-07-2010, 01:17 PM
Thanks that sounds great I'll check out the sites you mentioned! Ta muchly!