PDA

View Full Version : Aargh! Baking disaster.

Gingerfeef
06-05-2010, 04:13 PM
I've been baking all day for a weekend away with lots of friends, my last thing being a fabulous chocolate truffle torte for Saturdays dinner. Unfortunately I left it in the oven too long and its rather hard. The recipe says it should be soft in the middle and sink. Mine hasn't sunk at all! I think I'll have to make another one tonight, after I've picked the car up from the garage and gone emergency shopping! I just wanted to know that i'm not the only one to do something so daft! I've also got a white chocolate cheesecake in the oven, so I better go check that's OK. Fingers crossed!

Fi

befascinated
06-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Hi Fi

Hope the cheesecake made itxx I dont think you have done anything daft ....definition of daft.... peeling a huge pan of potatoes (looked like I was on Jankers) to put them on the stove with no water in ..... returned to a smoke filled room 15 mins later THATS DAFT lolxx

I think at times are lives are very busy and we need split second timing to achieve everything we need to do unfortunately we are human and not robots.

Im sure your next attempt will be fine and it sounds scrumptious - bet everyone will love it.

dreamstar
06-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Or invite your family for dinner, put the chicken in the oven and go out for a lunchtime drink only to return 2 hours later and realise you didnt turn the oven on!!
And guess who works as a chef for a living!!!!!!!!

befascinated
06-05-2010, 05:47 PM
Or invite your family for dinner, put the chicken in the oven and go out for a lunchtime drink only to return 2 hours later and realise you didnt turn the oven on!!
And guess who works as a chef for a living!!!!!!!!

I was a kitchen manager for 10 years lolxxxx

dreamstar
06-05-2010, 06:27 PM
I was a kitchen manager for 10 years lolxxxx
We are as bad as each other then!!!