PDA

View Full Version : Phew!!

icecreamgirl
05-04-2007, 11:13 PM
I'm feeling quite pleased - well very pleased with myself.:)
Did my first jewellery evening of this year tonight.
I always panic that people won't like my things, almost to the point that im scared of inviting people!!
We haven't done anything since before Christmas
Anyway it turned out really well, and took over 100.00 not bad we were only there a couple of hours.
Now i've got the taste for it again.
Roll on Summer we're going to have some craft garden parties, yeah!!
Now all i have to do is sort the darned website out.......:eek:

EMEvans
06-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Well done. Theres nothing more rewarding than selling your crafts. Hope it carries on.

Katianne
06-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Wow, that's great! Well done and here's to many more successful parties!!

higgledy-piggledy
06-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Well done, I'd never thought of having a party to sell my crafts what a great idea. I'm sure my friends would love to come round and have a look at my goods (well as long as I put some food and drik in the picture as well) I might give this a go.

euston-74
06-04-2007, 02:36 PM
Well done you!
Garden parties - what a great idea. I thought I might do some kind of Open Day in the summer - all rather up in the air though!
Mel

Funkyhand
06-04-2007, 03:01 PM
Congratulations! That's a great start well done.
Anice xx :):)

countrygal
06-04-2007, 03:55 PM
Oh well done you, thats fantastic !

I'm laughing coz I know what you mean about being scared...I've done a few craft fairs and my poor old better half is always manning the stall while I'm almost cowering behind it ! I don't know why coz I am quite proud of my stuff...but I feel embarrassed for some reason...doh ! :confused:

Heres to many more sales
Lorraine xx

candles by lisa
06-04-2007, 04:01 PM
Well done to you. I keep saying I am going to do house parties but I don't wont to get tarred with the same brush of a certain well known candle party company. Their holders are lovely but I can't say much for the candles - and after all that's what you are buying (or is it!!)

All the best

Lisa

icecreamgirl
06-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Thanks all , i do think you should all give the craft party's a go.
If you have friends who do crafts aswell you can combine your efforts then you get a variety of people there as they will invite people aswell and there is a variety of goods as well.
We were lucky to get the use of a local sports club as dearest brother-in-law is social secretary. If you know someone who plays a sport ask them.
The club will make a bit of money if they open the bar, and this makes it more informal.
I'm still buzzing.....:)

Daydream
07-04-2007, 08:22 PM
Isn't it great when you realise people actually like your designs and appreciate your work?! I took part in a Mum's Pamper Night at a local school a couple of weeks ago. It was the first time I'd done anything like that so I was very apprehensive and nervous. I made my first sale, to another stand holder, whilst I was setting up so I got very excited! Then absolutely nothing happened....lots of admiring comments but no sales. Got to about 8pm and finally people were buying....I ended up selling just under 200 of jewellery!

Well done on your success!