PDA

View Full Version : A perfect day for sailing!

Aviya Glass
22-04-2010, 12:45 PM
It's sunny here and I am loving the warmth. :)
I made this yacht last week and was going to frame it but thought I would put it on canvas instead.

I am going to add it to my website as an example and hopefully get requests for personalised yachts!

Any thoughts for a similar picture for those not into yachts that I could also add a name to?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_Y6594lzb9JU/S9AWP4fxLgI/AAAAAAAAArw/reeHMubxCy4/s1600/DSC_0004.JPG

loupo
06-05-2010, 11:17 PM
Gorgeous bright colours! How about cars? I'd love to see cars in the same sort of style. Being arty I get the kids drawing and painting the whole time and it makes me laugh how the boys will only get involved if there is anything car-related. In artwork they will only appreciate it if something is in the picture with wheels and I can see how people buying artwork for boys rooms will go for something with wheels. My girls are more open minded and simply love colour, they would love this picture.

Lou

Aviya Glass
13-05-2010, 09:49 AM
Thank you for such lovely compliments and an excellent idea!

Nature or nurture who knows but it seems boys will only pay any attention to 'planes, trains and automobiles'!

My son used to beg me to visit construction sites. :o Once we were stuck outside Cambridge 'because of roadworks', he was thrilled to watch the diggers.

Right.... off to make a few vehicles :p

Moonbeam Angel
13-05-2010, 10:07 AM
lovely and cheerful, really brings on thoughts of summer and sitting by the sea!

loupo
13-05-2010, 12:03 PM
lol I so know what you mean. We have three girls and two boys and they meet on common ground with toys like lego, wooden bricks and painting/drawing. The rest of the toys are very much divided (by the children) into boy toys and girl toys.

Good luck, I look forward to seeing more of your beautiful work.

Lou
:)