PDA

View Full Version : Postage has gone up...

kipper workshops
02-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Hi everyone,

well the other day I spent an exciting and splendid day adjusting my postage rates, set everything up so it's all worked out on weight etc... Wanted to give the best deal I can to my customers. I don't aim to make profit off postage, I know some do, but it's not my strategy.

Anyhoo, Royal mail hav eput up all the postage prices today!!

Back to the drawing board!! Actually i am gonna leave my postage rates as they are for now! So I am offering an even better deal at the moment!!!

So if you post stuff out a lot, make sure you check the new rates and ammend your costs accordingly.

Steve:)

beadsbydesign
02-04-2007, 11:55 AM
I just this minute discovered this fact!
I have been using the ebay label printing service. Is that a godsend or what!
Thought to start with that I was being charged for the privaledge and then realised it had all gone up. It's not fair. I just memorise the system and amounts and then it goes and changes AAAArrrrrgggghghhhhh!:mf:

Seahorse
02-04-2007, 12:15 PM
I saw that this morning.
Isnt it up by about 2p?

Will they bring out a new leaflet like they did with the package size/width thingy?

beadsbydesign
02-04-2007, 12:21 PM
royal mail have an online site with all the deatails on.
The large letter first class under 100g weight has gone up from 44p to 48p.

kipper workshops
02-04-2007, 12:52 PM
I use the pricing made easy leaflet. It has all the prices in there for letters and parcels etc....

Picked up the new leaflet this morning.

Pretty hefty price increases on packets and parcels.

A 100g-250g packet has gone up from 1.00 to 1.09.

Here's the tricky maths bit..... that's approx 10%

Wish I could put my prices up by 10%.

Oh well.... hohum!

EMEvans
02-04-2007, 01:08 PM
Typical, I'm going down the post office in a bit to post out my first two orders. I was worried how much they are going to cost anyway cause both orders are for a few stamps, now i'm gutted that it's going to be even more than expected. I will use my post office trip to pick up a leaflet on prices and a size guide that way i can put my parcels on my kitchen scales so i don't have a shock when i go to post them.

Does anyone use a parcel service (parcel force, link, amtrak etc), what are there charges like? do you find them any good?

Funkyhand
02-04-2007, 02:10 PM
I realised that they were going up a few weeks ago, I am in the post office every day posting orders and I think they were a bit miffed because I asked for the leaflet about the price increases and they hadn't got them out yet..I didn't care I wanted to be prepared!!
I buy my large letter stamps in bulk from the local cash and carry so I went last week and stocked up! I posted some papers this morning and normally they cost 65p to send, 70p this morning..then again at my post office they charge you what they like!! I have pulled them up so many times in the past they check the prices properly now when they see it's me!! I bet they call me the old grump!!:mad::mad:
Anice xx :):)

beadsbydesign
02-04-2007, 02:27 PM
The stamps with out a monerty value that say 1st class 2nd class etc are valid for whatever the current rate is. So the stamps i have left in stock that I bought for 44p each are now worth 48p... a profit from the royal mail!!!

Funkyhand
02-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Hurrah! Thats why I stocked up last week! You don't get much from Royal Mail often!!
:mf:
Anice xx :):)

EMEvans
02-04-2007, 04:50 PM
I've just come back from the post office and to be honest i was pleasently surprised as i just posted 7 stamps (in one package) and it costs just under 2.

Seahorse
02-04-2007, 05:11 PM
You can bet your bum they put up the price but the actual chance of the letter/package getting ot its destination when it should will still be uncertain.

raspberrybloom
02-04-2007, 08:56 PM
I HATE the royal mail.

I posted a parcel on the 22nd March which cost me 7 and its still not there.

It was a stack of leaflets and raffle prizes for an event last week.

Its probably lost somewhere, its so annoying.