PDA

View Full Version : Bit stingy??

swirlyarts
30-03-2007, 11:56 AM
I've made this babygro for my friends daughters christening and I've done a matching sleepsuit. Do you think I need to make something else as well? Is it a bit mean to only give those two things?? I might make another babygro with a picture on it - what do you think?

P.S - the picture says garcie stuff but it should be Gracie!!

EMEvans
30-03-2007, 12:11 PM
It's lovely. As for a little something to go with them, what about a little something in silver? a spoon or a necklace etc so she has a keepsake for when she's older. Or what about making a card with her name, date of christening, where she's being christened etc on it.

Although in saying all that the items you've made would make a lovely gift on there own.

candles by lisa
30-03-2007, 12:26 PM
I agree, lovely gift, something personal. It depens how good a friend she is if it is a nodding acquantince (if that's how it's spelled) that is more than enough. If a really good friend I would agree with the personalised card approach.

Lisa
:)

zebra
30-03-2007, 12:31 PM
Aww. Ever so cute - its lovely :) when a gift has been made it holds more meaning to me than something purchased from a large store.
Im sure she will be pleased :D

IMO - I agree with Lisa :)

Seahorse
30-03-2007, 12:59 PM
I agre-the fact tha you took the time to make something means alot!

glasskanvas
30-03-2007, 03:02 PM
I think it's so lovely!..Baby's tend to get a lot of stuff they either can't use or at least can't use for long at these things....something like that would mean so much. A friend of mine had a babysuit made for her baby and had it framed in a tiny box frame when she grew out of it and everyone comments how nice that is (in fact everyone copied her!)
Phil

colourart
30-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I agree that it is a lovely gift, with a personalised card to go with it, anyone would be pleased to receive it. Its not about how much is spent, its about the gift has been done with care, much more special than something shop bought.

swirlyarts
30-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Mmmmm - thanks! I was going to make a special card too so it's good that people are agreeing with me!!

swirlyarts
03-04-2007, 11:02 PM
Well gift is off in the post today so hopefully it will arrive at theirs safe and sound. I will let you know what they thought of it - fingers crossed!