PDA

View Full Version : Opinion Please

Solitaire
28-03-2007, 05:11 PM
I would appreciate your honest opinions on my jewellery designs, I have put the website link in my sig.

colourart
28-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Hi, I like your jewellery in particular the leather ones. The beaded stuff is very pretty too, its not my type of thing, but I see it would appeal to some people.

I hope you don't mind if I make a comment about your website too. Its very eay to navigate, but the ordering is a little vague and perhaps I missed it but how would somebody pay. Have you considered signing up to Paypal so customer could pay using Paypal. Its fairly easy to set up...even I can do it;)

Katianne
28-03-2007, 07:17 PM
I love your jewellery, especially the wire items. I found it easy to navigate too. well done!

Solitaire
28-03-2007, 07:22 PM
Thanks for you comments

Amanda I never really went public with the site mostly friends used it and either sent cheques/PO or I gave them my OH paypal account.

colourart
28-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Hope you didn't see that as a critism, its a lovely looking site, everything is clear and not cluttered. I liked it.

littlesnuggler
28-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Looks good to me, the only thing I would say is that the wooden background you have used for your photo's is a bit fussy (in my opinion) and maybe a plain one will show off the necklaces a bit better. Otherwise nice site and easy to navigate. :)

Solitaire
28-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Not at all Amanda any ideas are helpful

candles by lisa
29-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Lovely website however I agree with Amanda using a plain background to display the jewellry would make it stand out a bit more.

However lovely all the same.

Lisa

:D

icecreamgirl
29-03-2007, 10:16 AM
After several attempts to look at your website i finally succeeded!! But then it seemed to crash while i was looking at it?!!!
Anyway what i saw of the jewellery looked very nice, although i agree that the wooded background of the photos really dosn't do the items justice.
Nice site though, hope you do well:)!

Running_wild
29-03-2007, 12:33 PM
Very pretty jewellery. You are very good at the wire work.
Check out my site for supplies!

indri
29-03-2007, 12:40 PM
Was just having a lovely browse and then geocities wento out of action so can't browse any more but what I saw was pretty. Some of the bracelet photos didn't come up though - have you downloaded those picture files to the web host?

Hellybobs
29-03-2007, 03:06 PM
There is a fantastic range of jewelery...:D

Peter
29-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Just one thought - the wood background. Although it can look rustic, it also looks very 'busy', and detracts from your work. I'm guilty of going the other way - I always use black velvet! ;) I do think a solid background would show your work better though, and maybe use flash to give a bit of sparkle! :)

Solitaire
29-03-2007, 05:24 PM
I have to owe up ;) it's the underside of my breadboard

I couldn't find anything to use as a background

icecreamgirl
29-03-2007, 05:45 PM
To photograph my jewellery i just got some different coloured sheets of card and used them for the background, depending on which colour complemented each item.
I'm quite pleased with the results:)

Solitaire
29-03-2007, 06:44 PM
That's a good idea icecreamgirl, if I ever start designing again I will definitely try the coloured card for backgrounds.